- his greatest work was sculpting the life sized Statue of David
- He made 8 life sized statues in 20 years with his pupils
- He made thee gilt bronze Herod's which was the first life like sculpture
- He made Jeremiah Marble
- He completed over 78 known sculpture
- His first job was a goldsmith for the great architect Brunelleschi
- He was influenced to become an artist by Ghibert who Donatello was an apprentice to
- He cursed at one of his statues for not talking
Barter, James. Artist of the Renaissance. San Diego: Lucent, 1999. Print.
"Donatello." Encyclopedia of World Biography. N.p.: n.p., n.d. 1. Biography in Context. Web. 28 Feb. 2014. <http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/bic1/person/actionWin?resetBreadCrumb=&query=&prodId=BIC1&windowstate=normal&contentModules=&display-query=&mode=view&limiter=AC+y&showDisambiguation=true&u=libe79362&displayGroups=&p=BIC1&action=e&catId=GALE%7CAAA000042426&scanId=>.
Janson, H.W. "The Sculpture of Donatello." Biographical Encyclopedia of Artist. Volume 1 ed. N.p.: n.p., 2005. N. pag. Print.
Lewine, Milton E. "Donatello." Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia. N.p.: Grolier Online, 2014. 1. Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia. Web. 28 Feb. 2014. <http://go.grolier.com/>.