March 11, 2021
IN THIS ISSUE
M.A.R.C.H THIS WEEKEND!
- SPRING CONCERTS – 3/22, 3/24
- REGISTRATION NIGHT 4/1
- LEADERSHIP APPLICATIONS DUE 3/19
- PERCUSSION AND COLOR GUARD PLACEMENTS 3/30
- BOARD MEETING MINUTES
- LAPTOP NEEDED
- MEDIA TEAM VOLUNTEERS
Friday, 3/12...........................M.A.R.C.H. Donations Due ......................(see below)
Saturday, 3/13......................M.A.R.C.H. ................................................12:00-4:00 PM
Tuesday, 3/16.......................Indoor Drumline Rehearsal.......................4:00-6:30 PM @ Band Room
Tuesday, 3/16.......................Drum Major Training begins ....................4:00-6:30 PM @ Band Room
Wednesday, 3/17.................Jazz Band Rehearsal.................................4:00-6:30 PM @ Band Room
Thursday, 3/18.....................Indoor Drumline Rehearsal.......................4:00-6:30 PM @ Band Room
Friday, 3/19...........................Leadership Applications Due
Monday, 3/22.......................CONCERTS (Jazz Band, Concert Band) .......8:00 PM @ Auditorium
Wednesday, 3/24.................CONCERTS (Symphonic, Wind Ensembles)..8:00 PM @ Auditorium
M.A.R.C.H. IS THIS WEEKEND
Saturday, March 13th is the community service work day for M.A.R.C.H. Thank you to our parents who volunteered to chaperone at the work sites!
Mr. Moon is coordinating signups for the work sites. Sign up at www.roswellband.com . Please tell your students to sign up for a site if they haven’t yet!
1. Report directly to work sites at 12:00 PM, Saturday, March 13.
2. All students MUST WEAR A MASK. Do not come if you are in quarantine, have been exposed to COVID, or are not feeling well.
3. Eat before you come; we are not providing lunch. Bring your own water bottle and snack.
4. Dress for the weather! You will be outside all day, even if it is raining. Wear long pants, closed-toe shoes or boots, sunscreen, hat, etc.
5. Bring work gloves and tools if able (rakes, shovels, trimmers, etc. labeled with name).
6. Arrange to be picked up from your work site at 4:00 PM.
7. If you are taking the SAT in the morning, eat lunch after you finish your test and then join us at your work site.
Parents and Students - Please send pictures from the MARCH event to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be posting them on the band’s Facebook page. Please send them before noon on Sunday March 15th.
Your goal is to raise at least $200 in donations by Friday, March 12. THE FRONT OFFICE WILL BE OPEN ON FRIDAY TO DROP OFF YOUR DONATIONS. Do not give any payments to the Band Directors.
- All funds raised now will help lower the fees for next year’s band activities. All donations are tax deductible and can be made by cash, check (payable to RHSBBA), or online at https://www.roswellband.com/support-the-band/march/. Be sure student’s name is included in the memo/notes so they will get credit for it! Cash/check can be dropped off in the RHSBBA mailbox in the main office at RHS, or mailed to: RHSBBA, 885 Woodstock Road, Suite 430-144, Roswell, GA 30075.
- The M.A.R.C.H student information packet at https://www.roswellband.com has great tips, sample Facebook posts, flyers, and email examples.
- Keep asking your friends, family, neighbors, etc. for donations. These awesome prizes could be yours!
$100- A free Official MARCH T-Shirt!
$200- Three free trips to the visitors concession stand for 2021 season
$400- Pie your favorite band director in the face!
$800- Get to select a piece of music for a band concert and announce the name and why you chose it at the concert
$1,000- Unlimited food visits at Visitors concessions at all home games for the 2021 season and your choice of one piece of RHS Band spirit wear
$1,500- Shopping trip with Mr. Long and $100 visa gift card
$2,000- FREE BAND CAMP!
EASY DONATION to MARCH from CHARMS
Do you have money sitting in your Charms account (probably from last year’s cancelled Orlando trip)? You can easily donate any or all of that money to the M.A.R.C.H. fundraiser. Complete the Google form below with the amount you would like to donate. Thank you for helping our kids continue to play strong!
(If you don't know how much you have in your account, please login to Charms to check your balance. If you have any questions, please contact our treasurer Aimee Christian, email@example.com.)
ALL STATE MEMBERS
Congratulations again to Will Nicholson and Harrison Burns for making the 2021 All State Band and Orchestra. We are so proud of you guys!
SPRING CONCERTS – 3/22, 3/24
Every student will receive two tickets for family members. You will find a link below to reserve your seats for your child’s concert. There is no admission fee. Due to space limitations and social distancing guidelines, we cannot offer more tickets to this concert.
Jazz Band and Concert Band will perform on Monday, March 22 starting at 8 PM.
Reserve your seats here: https://roswellhsband.ludus.com/9442
Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will perform on Wednesday, March 24 starting at 8 PM.
Reserve your seats here: https://roswellhsband.ludus.com/9443
- Each ticket holder is required to wear a face-covering and have their temperature checked before entering the building. If you refuse to do either, please enjoy the concert via live stream on our YouTube and Facebook pages. Unfortunately, if your temperature runs higher than 100.3, then you and your party will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Please use the restroom before you enter the auditorium. No one will be allowed to re-enter the auditorium.
- The director will dismiss each row to a side exit near the stage.
Concert Attire for Students:
Each student should wear concert black.
Choose from the following:
- Black blouse or long sleeve collared shirt
- Black dress or skirt (with tights or leggings)
- Black chinos, slacks or dress pants
- Black suit (black pants, black jacket, black tie, black shirt)
- Black dress shoes
- 10th-12th graders: your concert uniform works as well!
All clothing must be pressed and neat.
Schedule for Jazz Band and Concert Band Students (3/22)
7:15 PM- Jazz Band meets in the Band Room
7:30 PM- Auditorium opens for ticket holders
7:50 PM Concert Band students meet in Band Room
8:00 PM- Jazz Band performs followed by Concert Band
8:45 PM- Concert Ends
Schedule for Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble Students (3/24)
7:15 PM- Symphonic Band meets in the Band Room
7:30 PM- Auditorium opens for ticket holders
7:50 PM- Wind Ensemble students meet in Band Room
8:00 PM- Symphonic Band performs followed by Wind Ensemble
9:00 PM- Concert Ends
LEADERSHIP APPLICATIONS DUE 3/19
Students who are interested in interviewing for the 2021 Servant Leadership Team for Marching Band can find information at www.roswellband.com. See “Marching Band Leadership Application.”
PERCUSSION AND COLOR GUARD PLACEMENTS 3/30
If your student is interested in participating in the Marching Band percussion section or color guard, please plan to stay after school on Tuesday, 3/30.
REGISTRATION NIGHT IS 4/1
Look for more information next week on how to register for next year’s Marching Band and Concert Band.
BAND BOOSTERS UPDATES
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Minutes from our last Executive Board Meeting on 2/24 are posted on our website. The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, April 14 via ZOOM. All parents are invited to join and listen to what’s going on with R Band!
Do you have a laptop computer that you no longer use or need? RHS Band needs a laptop for our treasury and accounting to replace one that is rapidly dying. The laptop does not to be very new or powerful, just reliable. (It should be able to run Windows 10.) If you have one you can donate, contact Aimee Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDIA TEAM NEEDED
We are still looking for photographers and videographers to help us document our students’ band journey. We also need a chairperson to help coordinate the efforts. If you’ve never seen the assortment of images our photographers have taken over the years, check out our remarkable online scrapbook of the RHS Band. Help us keep the tradition going!
Contact President@RoswellBand.com if you are able to help.
Other positions you might be interested in:
- VP of Support Services
- Media Committee Chair