MMS Media Center
Author Shelby Bach visits!
Ongoing Stuff We Do....
- We're your Technology Assistance Coordinators (TAC's) which means we put in all the calls to ETS when your promethean board, computer or printer don't work.
- We handle the Fixed Assets inventory twice a year.
- We're responsible for keeping the new electronic sign current each week.
- Mrs. Shaw is our school webmaster and also sends in news to the Tribune-Times.
- Mrs. Batson works with Ms. Godfrey and the Yearbook Class on a regular basis.
- Mrs. Shaw assists with the morning news show.
- We make ID badges for replacements and new students.
- We make posters on the school's great poster printer.
- We collect and administer Sunshine Club funds.
- Call us "hostess with mostest" since Volunteer Luncheon is also on our "plate" each spring.
- We sponsor the Books Are Fun sale throughout the year. Because of your support of Books Are Fun, we are able to get free stuff to support the media center.
We're still all about "old-fashioned" library stuff too...like choosing and ordering books and promoting reading in a variety of ways like book displays, the Mustang Book reading incentive. We also work with teachers and students on research and new web tools. This year, we got in HUNDREDS of new class novel sets, moved the boxes multiple times before finally making room on the storage room shelves for most of them. We manage the Accelerated Reader software which is used primarily as a tracking tool for our Mustang Book reading program.
All this is why we love our job so much -- every day is different!
November at a Glance
# classes = 22
# materials circulated = 1460
# books checked out to students = 1039 for an AVERAGE PER PUPIL of .95.
Walk-in Traffic estimate = 8826 for a DAILY AVERAGE of 552.
Ms. Howard, Ms. Tepedino, and Mrs. Warren all brought classes to the media center during the month. Mr. McLeer's class enjoyed checking out books to read. Mr. Husted's classes researched and created Tagxedos.
Sixth graders were energized by the Energy Guys during their Science Classes.
Welcome to the MMS Mini-Mart!
She set up a small snack shop on a few shelves in the library office so that none of us will starve during the day! If you haven't been by, you should come check out the selection of honey buns, trail mix, cheese crackers, and popcorn.
Follett Titlewave Inservice offered to all Staff
This benefited all of us! Ms. McCutcheon got the experience of teaching teachers and we were able to facilitate input on how to use our Common Core money. To supplement the inservice and reach out to those who couldn't attend, we sent out purple sheets asking for additional ideas of needed resources.
Coming Soon...December Pizza Party
Check out the pic from our first day of checking out MBA books! What an awesome sight to see long lines of 7th and 8th graders waiting to check out books.