August 23, 2020
First Day of School
Dear Angel Families,
Welcome back to our official first week of school. I'm saddened that I won't be opening up the gate's tomorrow morning for all our Angel families, but I know we will see each other soon. I also know that when we do get to come together, it will definitely be a joyous occasion. I must say, although Catholic Online Synchronous Learning is a bit frightening, I look forward to this new way of learning. We all have had to learn new things and that is always good for the brain! We will make the best of our situation and give it our all, I pray you do as well.
This week during Catholic Online Synchronous Learning our teachers will be helping the students become familiar with a number of things, such as:
- Introducing the platforms and technology being used
- Protocol for turning in work
- Protocol for Zoom classes
and so much more
We know there may be some technical issues, and we ask that if you experience issues please call the office. We will assist where we can, but will definitely keep a record of all issues so that we may be able to resolve them. Teachers will be live in their Zoom courses and their response time may be delayed.
If you are experiencing an audio issue you may want to message the teacher directly in Zoom.
I have attached a few resources below that may assist with minor issues.
If we cannot resolve the issue, your students will not be marked absent. Rest assure that your student will not be missing vital information, we do plan on taking the first week to work out any technical issues. We will definitely allow time for all families to become adjusted to the new platforms.
Ensure students get plenty of rest tonight and a nutritious breakfast in the morning before school begins. Don't forget we encourage every student to have an environment that promotes optimal learning. Parents can help their child succeed with that environment by doing the following:
- Designate a quiet space for your student to work from
- Eliminate distractions, including turning off extra devices
- Follow the class schedule
- Have all supplies that are necessary to learn prior to class
- Set a nightly routine to be ready for school the next morning, charging their electronic device, etc.
- Utilize the extra resources available for assistance (any tutoring or office hours provided by teachers)
- Keep an open line of communication with teachers
God Bless during your first week of school, have an AMAZING first day Angel families and remember, God is with us every step of the way.
IS YOUR DEVICE GIVING YOU THIS MESSAGE?
JOIN FROM YOUR BROWSER