19th February, 2019
Summary of Information
Vice President: Rebecca Krizay
Secretary: Jess Laurent
Thank you for volunteering for these positions.
The focus this year is on community. We would like to have a number of community events and these include:
- The establishment of a breakfast club - The School Breakfast Clubs Program provides a healthy breakfast for students who may otherwise arrive at school hungry. Research shows that one in seven children arrive at school not having eaten breakfast, which can affect their learning and attendance. The co-ordinator of this valuable program is Jess Laurent.
- A family Bush Dance/Picnic
- A Mothers' Day breakfast & activity morning
- A Fathers' Day breakfast & activity morning
- A family movie night.
A number of fundraising suggestions were raised:
- The school colour run has been booked for the evening of November 15th. We are looking for 2 parents to run this fundraiser.
- Easter Raffle
- School Disco
- A number of small student centred activities - such as a pizza day, a pie day, pancake day etc
- Regular car boot sales with sausage sizzle
- Cake and produce stalls on a Friday afternoon at assembly time.
Establishment of Class Parent Reps -
Parent participation in our school is valuable in providing a positive, collaborative approach to the education of our children. A class representative helps to bridge the gap between school-teacher-parent and is a valuable resource in establishing new programs, welcoming new families and helping in the running of school activities and programs.
ROLE OF CLASS REPRESENTATIVES
The role of representatives will be:
§ Assisting teachers to keep parents informed of class happenings and gaining parental support for class activities
§ Providing feedback to teachers
§ Establishing a channel of communication between parents, P.A.C.H., and the Administration team and teachers
§ Promoting involvement of parents in class activities and increasing parent knowledge of the school
§ At times used as a working party by the Principal to reflect upon ideas, conduct surveys, collect data and provide input for the wider community perspective
CHARACTERISTICS OF CLASS REPRESENTATIVES
A class representative should be:
§ Supportive of your child’s teacher, co-operative and interested in school activities
§ Available, though not necessarily to do everything yourself, but to delegate where possible
§ Able to keep matters confidential
§ Reliable, friendly and non-judgmental
TASKS OF CLASS REPRESENTATIVES
These will differ for each class, and will be determined by consultation between you and your class teacher. These may include:
§ Help prepare a class phone list
§ Establishing a helper/skills/resource register
§ Preparation of rosters for classroom, swimming spotting, sport etc.
§ Helping to co-ordinate special events- eg. Art show, fete, break up party
§ A contact for new families
§ Communicating items of interest/concern between parents and teachers.
Any questions regarding class representatives can be directed to Louise George, Cameron Heath or your childs teacher.