Saving the Earth
By; Megan Emmerling
Earth Day History
Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle!
Here is how we will Reduce, Reuse. and Recycle:
1) I will turn off you water when you are brushing your teeth.
2) Instead of throwing away old junk,I will make them into something new!
3) Recycle all papers.
4) I will turn off the lights when I leave a room.
1) More than 1 billion people were celebrating Earth Day by 2010, which was Earth Day's 40th anniversary.
2) In Panama, in honor of Earth Day, they planted 100 species of endangered orchids to prevent their extinction.
3) On Earth Day 2011, the people of Afghanistan planted 28 million trees.
4) In 2009, the United Nations renamed Earth Day to International Mother Earth Day.
5) With the first Earth Day celebration In 1969 the IUCN (International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources) declared a definition of national park.