A Peek At Our Week
This week we begin a new unit on Drama.
There is a Reading Checkpoint on Wednesday, February 3rd over Poetry.
- Characteristics of Drama
- Parts of a Play
- Plot Elements
- Importance of Events
- Analyzing Characters
Last week students published their Literary Essays. They will be sent home Monday with a rubric/grading sheet.
There is a Revising and Editing Checkpoint this Thursday, February 4th.
- Immersion (Fictional Writing)
- Analyzing Story Structure with a Writer's Eye
- Imagining Stories from Ordinary Moments
- Imagining Stories We Wish Existed
This week the skill for Revising and Editing is Pronouns.
Upcoming Events/Classroom News
- 2/2 and 2/4- Fit Girls
- 2/3- Reading Checkpoint
- 2/3- Cultural Arts Assembly
- 2/4- Revising and Editing Checkpoint
- 2/4- 100th Day of School