Holly Academy News & Views
October 1, 2021
As the calendar changes to October, it indicates that we are halfway through the first marking period. At the beginning of the year it takes a few weeks for teachers to post grades, as the first weeks are mainly spent on relationship building and setting routines, procedures, and expectations. Grades are now posted on Skyward and you can track your child's progress. This is the time to have conversations about good study habits and getting all assignments turned in, as there is still enough time prior to the end of the marking period to improve grades (academic and citizenship). We appreciate your partnership in educating your Husky! Dare to be remarkable!
Last week I thanked all the office staff for all they do to assist me in the Curriculum Director's absence. I failed to mention a very integral person to my success - Mrs. Cryderman! On a daily basis, she helps to make my job easier! Thank you so much, Mrs. Cryderman! It's great to be a Husky!
Next week is the last "official" week of NWEA testing. We will be doing make-ups until the test window closes on October 15th. After the testing cycle closes we will meet to determine student interventions, if needed. We are very appreciative of Mrs. Bunka, Mr. Mison, Mrs. Price, and Mrs. Craven for ensuring the validity of testing! It's great to be a Husky!
Event Code: FE29221
YOUR PHOTOS ARE READY!
Good news! Your Husky's photos are now available for viewing and ordering!
Click on the link below to create a free account and get started.
Steps to finding your student's photos.
1. Create a free account
2. Click "find your student" at the top of the page
3. Fill in all the boxes (school name - Holly Academy, event code: FE29221, student's first name and student's last name)
4. Click search
5. When asked for a home number type in the numbers of your address
DID YOU KNOW?
- You can personalize your photos with a variety of backgrounds and
- Photos are shipped directly to your home
- High-res digital downloads are available
- If you have more than one child, you can order together and pay
Please email JostensPIXAdmin@jostens.com if you have any questions.
Lost and Found
Donations for Physical Education
The Physical Education Department is looking to take some unwanted items off your hands. We are currently searching for certain pieces of equipment that could enhance our program. We are trying to keep a focus on reducing, reusing, and recycling. If you have any of the following items and would like to donate, we will happily accept them!
● Exercise bikes (old ones, or in need of minor repairs, are fine)
● Tennis rackets
● Ping pong paddles
● Baseball/softball hitting t’s
Smaller items can be dropped off in the office at any time of day. Larger items like sleds and exercise bikes may be dropped off at the big gym between 7:40am and 8:30am on Monday and Wednesdays.
Thank you so much!
Please email Mr. Spooner with questions: email@example.com
Chess Club (grades 2-8)
Savory Sweets Fundraiser
- Oct. 4 - Picture re-take day
- Oct. 6 - Count day
- Oct. 8 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Oct. 13 - PTO meeting at 8:00am in media center
- Oct. 15 - Fall on the Farm
- Oct. 18 - Virtual Book Fair begins
- Oct. 20 - Unity Day - students can dress down if they wear orange top or Stand Up to Bullying shirt
- Oct. 22 - Virtual Book Fair ends
- Oct. 22 - JV volleyball tournament, 5:00-8:00pm
- Oct. 22 - Soccer tournament, 5:00-8:00pm
- Oct. 23 - JV volleyball tournament, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Oct. 23 - Soccer tournament, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Oct. 25 - Spirit Week begins