Jesse Boyd Elementary 5/7/16
Happy Mother's Day
Teacher Appreciation Week
All Star Reading
CELEBRATE YOUR READING ALL-STAR: On Sunday, May 22, the Greenville Drive will celebrate the Reading All-Stars from our school. Qualifying students, in grades 2nd-5th, earned a FREE ticket voucher to the May 22 game, where they will receive a FREE Reading All-Star T-shirt, select a complimentary book form the PEP Book Fair and participate in a pregame Parade of Champions around Fluor Field. To redeem your child’s voucher and purchase tickets for family and friends visit the Drive Box Office or call 864-240-4528. For more information about this game please click here.
Additionally, for our 5th grade students, we will have their group 5th grade photo made. This photo is for school use only and is not for sale, but we wanted to make 5th grade aware so they could be prepared to look nice for the picture.
The general rule for the JBE dress code is that appropriate and non-distracting attire shall be worn in the educational setting.
- skirts, shorts, and skorts must be at least fingertip length standing.
- clothing that is appropriately sized for the student
- shirts must cover the mid-section of the body, not be transparent, and have sleeves or a sleeveless shirt that comes to the edge of the shoulder
- appropriate shoes that allow the students to participate in active learning
- tanktops, halter tops, tube tops, or tops with string straps unless work with a shirt underneath
- see through garments
- muscle shirts
- hair and/or body paint
- shirts or dresses shorter than fingertip length
- biker shorts or low rise pants
- any clothing or jewelry advertising tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or violence, that is suggestive or demeaning to other people
- clothing that is distracting to learning
Concerts and Ceremonies
- Before any special event, parents are notified of appropriate dress for the event. Students not following the guidelines for this may not be able to participate.