Freshman & Sophomore News
Planning Reminders for Grades 9 & 10 at Ludlow High School
Career Planning Sessions
We encourage parents to talk to their son/daughter about these sessions!
- Ask them about their YouScience results! After completing a series of brain games, YouScience maps the student's aptitudes and creates a list of careers that match their aptitudes and interests. Students had time to research and bookmark their favorite careers. Ask then about it!
- Students learned more about the off-campus program options that are offered to LHS juniors and seniors. These opportunities include a variety of early college courses, specific career pathway courses, as well as possible internships/co-ops! If students are interested in any of these, they will register for them when they meet for course scheduling later this spring. For now, talk about the various programs offered and if any of them seem to be a good fit for your son/daughter. Best part: They are all FREE for LHS students!
- Look together at the various tools that their own Naviance portal has to offer. Lots of planning activities for them!
All LHS Sophomores Will Take the ACT on Tuesday, April 13
- Students will not have to register for this test, as with national dates. There will be online profile information that students will need to complete. We'll send those details out closer to the test date.
- The test will be FREE for all students.
- These scores DO count for college/scholarship purposes.
- We are going to pilot the new online ACT test during this administration, so students will be taking the test on their chromebook. They still have to be on our campus in a test room for this to occur.
- We are asking that ALL Grade 10 students come on campus on the morning on April 13th in order to take the test. Please plan ahead to attend! Safety precautions will be put into place.
Prep for the ACT
To access, students should do the following:
> Go to our webpage https://www.ludlow.kyschools.us/
> Click Students > Clever Login
> Click on the Naviance icon once you are in Clever
> Once your Naviance homepage, scroll near the bottom of the screen and click the "Naviance Test Prep" link
> Set the date for your next ACT test and get to work!
Sophomores Can Apply for The NKY Regional Youth Leadership Program
Each year, the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce runs the Regional Youth Leadership Program (RYL). Sophomores may apply each spring and those selected will participate throughout their junior year. They meet monthly for sessions to enrich their learning; topics include Government, Law & Justice, Healthcare Systems, Arts & Culture, Criminal Justice, and Diversity.
Applications are being accepted until March 1, 2021. To apply, students should have a 3.0 GPA or higher. Applications and more details can be found at the link above.