The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
November 3rd, 2017
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
This was another great week at Crossroads South! As a reminder, this coming week has all Early Release Days for Parent-Teacher Conferences. In addition, school will not be in session on Thursday and Friday due to the NJ Teacher's Convention. When we return on Monday, November 13th, we will have another Early Release Day to conclude our Fall Conferences.
- SAFETY ALERT!!! AM DROP-OFF: As a reminder, parent drop off is in the back of the school. Several parents have been dropping students on Major Road, which is very unsafe for your children. Please take the extra minute to drive to the back of the school.
- CONFERENCES: Please remember to arrive on time for your scheduled conferences. The time goes quickly and there are many slots for each day. If you were not able to secure a time with a teacher, you can email them asking for any necessary feedback.
- "Night Under the Lights" FUNDRAISING GAME: For our annual night football game, we would like to remind parents that students must go home after school and if returning for the event, all students must be accompanied by an adult.
- UPCOMING PARENT ACADEMY: Do you struggle to know the right ways to manage technology and social media in your home? The Social Media Symposium is back with additional workshops for students. Mark your calendars for 12/9 from 9:00am - 12:00 and the South Brunswick Parent Academy will share more details soon!
- GRADING & GENESIS: We are approaching the middle of the marking period and many parents have not logged into Genesis to review your child's progress. Please take a moment to check the parent portal. Should you have any questions regarding assignments or grading, please contact your child's teacher(s) directly.
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- BUS REMINDERS: Please note: Students are NOT allowed to ride any other busses, even if a parent gives permission. The transportation department does not allow this practice, as they cannot plan for additional students riding our already full busses.
- 11/6 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/7 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/8 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/9 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA
- 11/10 - NO SCHOOL - NJEA
- 11/13 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/15 - PTO Meeting @ South 7pm
- 11/16 - "NIGHT UNDER THE LIGHTS" - Football Game 6pm
- 11/20 - BOE Meeting 7pm
- 11/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Thanksgiving Weekend
- 11/23 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- 11/24 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving
- ACADEMIC GROWTH: We will always focus on our curriculum and instruction for the purpose of moving students forward. Staff will engage in professional learning to improve learning for all students.
- CULTURE/CLIMATE: The place and space in which we work is critical to success. Our goal is to create schools where students are excited to come to everyday! As part of the social/emotional wellness of our students, our school has engaged in the critical work of assessing our school culture and climate in terms of positive behavioral supports and anti-bullying. Our over-arching focus has been and will continue to be...RESPECT - Respect Yourself, Respect Each Other, and Respect our Environment. In addition, we will focus on the importance of attendance. Every day counts!!
VERTICAL ARTICULATION: Being in the middle is never easy. We can often feel squeezed from both sides. The goal of Vertical Articulation is to ensure the safe and methodical passage of our students throughout the three distinct levels in the district; elementary, middle, and high. Our teachers have already begun the work of aligning practice, curriculum, and expectations for this very purpose and we will continue to study the ways we can create even more smooth transitions.