WHAT ARE POLARIZED SUNGLASSES?
WHAT ARE POLARIZED SUNGLASSES?
You wear sunglasses throughout the year especially during the hot, bright summer when the sunlight is too glary to stare at. The eye specialists call this time of the year their financial season in frankness as this is the time when people run over to them all with similar complaints of eye problems. All this hustle can definitely be avoided by selecting the correct choice of sunglasses with exceptional lenses that can help absorb sun light and prevent it from damaging your eyes. Lenses come in various shades, tones and degree. The most preferred kind is polarized lenses. Why is it so? Read on to find the beneficial and negative aspects of such glasses.
What are polarized glasses?
Sunlight can be either engrossed in or replicated out in many different directions. The beams that are seen rebounding from the surfaces like water, land or a table are seen bouncing back in many directions causing the generation of a certain type of ‘glare’ which is highly unsuitable for human eyes. It has been heard of to even cause blindness. In order to avoid contact with this glare with such huge potential to harm your eyes , polarized sunglasses were introduced which contain polarized lenses that constitute of laminated filter which lets only vertically tilted light rays to pass through and reduces the diversity of the glare by blocking the horizontal rays. These polarized glasses are fitted with a vast variety of colored polarized lenses with gray and brown shades being the most popularly made use of.
Benefits of polarized glasses:
Any polarized glasses can provide you with many advantages over a non polarized one. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Polarized lenses in polarized glasses enhance and improve the visual comfort by allowing the filtration of sun light to occur effectively.
- Polarized sunglasses relieve the twisting strain you feel around your eyes due to the constant concentration you have to focus in looking at anything while deflecting the harmful rays alongside.
- Polarized sunglasses are known for their ability to develop contrast and increase optical clarity ably.
- Permit perfect ocular perception of colors found in surroundings in an efficient discernment manner.
- Polarized sunglasses have been proven to lower the degree of reflection of sunlight and hence diminishing of the hazardous glare.
- Many high valued polarized sunglasses lenses most high quality polarized sunglasses lenses propose ultra violet radiation protection. Such branded sunglasses are layered with an effect-resilient substance known as polycarbonate that provides the lenses with UV protection hence successfully minimizing their damaging effects on eyes.
Can polarized sunglasses be used by all?
Initially the use of polarized lenses was made by the boatmen and fishers only since they had to work outside the whole time in the blazing sunlight which made them the most possibly potential victims of this harmful glare. Since polarized lenses reduce the glare it made it effortless to look into water searching for sea animals etc. Now a day’s however polarized sunglasses are one of the most purchased types of sunglasses and are sold widely around the globe by various brands in vast numbers. General public can be seen enjoying its positive advantages and useful attributes mostly during driving and sports fans. Many sports especially snow skiers and downhill skiers are recommended to use polarized sunglasses.
Hence polarized sunglasses can easily be accepted as a unique invention of science that aids us in many ways with the protection against UV and sun rays being their most noticeable advantages.