Creating a Social Contract
How We'll Conduct Ourselves at SOA
What is a Social Contract?
A social contract is a voluntary agreement in which mutual benefit occurs between and for individuals, groups, government or a community as a whole.
Middle School Video
The Social Contract
High School Video
The Enlightenment: Social Contract
Steps to Creating the Contract
- Classes should be divided into groups of 4-5.
- Groups member need to select a facilitator to make everyone is participating and to make sure answers are well defined, a scribe/notetaker, timekeeper, and an on-task person/ affirmer.
- Group members need to answer the Four Social Contract Questions
The Four Social Contract Questions:
- How do you want to be treated by the leader?
- How do you want to be treated by each other?
- How do you think the leader to be treated by you?
- How do we want to treat each other when there is conflict?