Miss Wegley's Class News
April 8, 2013
* REMINDER: PARENT/STUDENT ORIENTATION MEETING TONIGHT - THOMAS MIDDLE SCHOOL, 6:45 PM *
- Today (Monday), 5th grade students went on a field trip to Thomas Middle School. Tonight at 6:45, there is a Parent Orientation Meeting at Thomas Middle School.
- Tomorrow (Tuesday, 4/9) is an Institute Day - there will be no school for students.
5th grade math will be continuing and beginning to wrap-up Unit 7 this week.
There will be NO spelling this week due to the field trip and the Institute Day.
We will be continuing to read short stories from Jr. Great Books. Last week, 5-4 students participated in thoughtful debates and practiced deeper-level thinking skills. They took directed notes, interpreted words in what they read, and participated in textual analysis. They also used their reading to apply their thinking to a new situation, thinking critically about what they read.
Students will continue with the Energy unit, sorting and classifying different types of energy.
Students are continuing to work on their final projects.
- Monday, April 8 - Field Trip to Thomas Middle School (during school - 5-4 in the AM)
- Monday, April 8 - Parent Orientation Meeting (Thomas MS) - 6:45 PM
- Tuesday, April 9 - Institute Day (No School for students)
- Thursday, April 11 - Thomas Middle School Spirit Wear due
- Thursday, April 18 - Spring Class Photos
- Friday, April 19 - Robert Crown Assembly - Linda and Michael