Surgical Technology Guide
Trocaire College Libraries
The Surgical Technologist
Scholarly articles from surgical technology's top journal. Click here to begin. Issues are available online from 2006 - present.
This is the correct username. Ignore the request for an email address.
A collection of articles by subject can be found here.
The Surgical Technologist is indexed in CINAHL which you can use to search for articles. Unfortunately, The Surgical Technologist does not have the option to search between issues at this time.
If you would like more information on The Surgical Technologist visit the library's guide.
APA Citation for The Surgical Technologist
You will use the APA citation rules for online journal articles.
Author’s Last Name, First Initial. Middle Initial. (Year). Title of article. The Surgical Technologist, Volume(Issue), pages. Retrieved from complete URL of article
Miller, K. (2016). Creating history through strength and education. The Surgical Technologist, 48(5), 204. Retrieved from http://www.ast.org/MembersArea/Publications/May_2016/#12
**The hanging indent does not show up in this guide, but is necessary for APA format.
To retrieve the URL from the journal archives section:
- Click the Share icon from the toolbar
- Check the box next to Share current page to get the full URL
- Press Copy to add the URL the clipboard to paste into your citation.
If you are using the CE Library, you can use the URL at the top of .pdf of the article.
If you need help setting up a citation or reference page, check out the library's Citation Help page or contact a librarian.
Citation Tips for EBSCO
Look for the Tools on the right side of the window. Click the page icon. Select the citation style needed. Simply copy and paste the citation to your paper.
Please be aware that the information in your citation may be correct but the format of the citation may be incorrect. If you need help setting up a citation or reference page, check out the library's Citation Help page or contact a librarian.
Citation Tips for ProQuest
Please be aware that the information in your citation may be correct but the format of the citation may be incorrect. If you need help setting up a citation or reference page, check out this citation guide or contact a librarian.
- Alexander’s Care of the Patient in Surgery - RES-ST RD99.24 .A44 2015
- Berry & Kohn’s Operating Room Techniques - RES-ST RD32.3 .P48 2017
- Instrumentation for the Operating Room - RES-ST RD71 .B76 2016
- Lange Q & A: Surgical Technology Examination - RES-ST RD32.3 .S54 2017
- Surgical Technology for the Surgical Technologist- RES-ST RD32.3 .S866 2014
Newer Circulating Books*
- Essentials of Perioperative Nursing- RD32.3 .S65 2017
- Microbiology for Surgical Technologists- QR46 .R63 2017
- Practical Pharmacology for the Surgical Technologist- RM300 .J865 2017
- Surgery Sourcebook - RD31.3 .S87 2017
- Surgical Instrumentation: An Interactive Approach- RD71.N46 2018
*Circulating books may be check out for 28 days with a valid Trocaire ID.
Best practices and professional standards from the Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurse. Membership is needed to access vital information.
Association of Surgical Technologists
Professional, educational and certification resources for educators and students from AST. Membership available at student rates.
Online tour of a surgical suite and information on hazards from OSHA.
National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
Information on the Certified Surgical Technologist exam and other resources.
Videos of Surgical Procedures
Collection of videos from MedlinePlus **Videos are graphic, must have Adobe Flash to view.