Jordan Academy ~ October 2020~
Jordan Scholars Can and Will Succeed!
Reopening of Schools
Reopening of Schools: Phase 2 is in Full Force
Some of the highlights:
Enhanced technology to support live streaming and in-person teaching and learning
- Monitors for projecting students at home while teacher laptop is providing instruction
- Microphones to enhance sound for both virtual and in-person students
- USB hubs to provide for additional connections
Additional hours were provided to Noon Supervisors to allow:
- playground supervision by grade levels or classrooms
- smaller lunch groups
- additional support in cleaning and disinfecting door handles and other areas on a daily and consistent basis
OUSD has contracted with a cleaning service to help with cleaning and sanitizing.
- additional support with restrooms to ensure regular cleanliness
- supplies are stocked and available in all restrooms, classrooms and other essential locations.
First Days Back!
For more pictures of our first week go to our Facebook page @JordanAcademyOUSD
Jordan Academy is leading the way! Live Streaming and In-Person Teaching and Learning! Enjoy the Videos!
4th Grade Berry/Schade- Hispanic Heritage Presentation https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NfqkLMxDBiOtTxVnU3i6EhUvYMnPooLn/view?usp=sharing
1st Grade McAler - Chin It and Spin It!
Transitional Kinder Activity https://drive.google.com/file/d/1usk62zwkZTFKWBZptIgLY9QbG0O7wCnt/view?usp=sharing
Conferences Week is Here! Minimum Days all Week!
Ready, Set, Go!! Jordan Academy PTA Membership Drive! October 5- October 30
Parent/Staff/Community Member Incentive:
- with $10 membership, plus a donation of $5 or more: Receive Free Adult Size Jordan Spirit Shirt
Classroom Incentives ~ Classroom with most percentage of memberships from one class in TK-2/3 and 3/4-6th, the class will earn:
- Special Certificate of Recognition
- Every student will receive In & Out Free Burger Coupon!
- Special Teacher Prize!
There are three ways to can join!
1. Scan in your phone the QR code and pay your membership through Totem in a easy and secure way.
2. Another way to join is by returning the form attached with your membership contribution in an envelope to the school.
3. Membership envelope will be sent home with in-person students by this Thursday. Please complete and send back with student to place in Class PTA Box.
2020-2021 PTA Reflections Theme
Reflections PTA program brought to Jordan! See our bilingual flyer for an awesome opportunity for our jaguars! Deadline: October 20
This is a program that promotes the Arts and motivates our students to try something new or something they are already interested in. It is not a competition, rather it is a way for our students to express themselves through Art through different modes.
If materials are needed or for more information, please email Mrs. Karina Tamayo for more information at email@example.com
PTA Reflections Flyerhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1KpPuIl2aSYRW9FucTAXyl_pYKuUaL7ei/view?usp=sharing
Annual Notification Of Free Public Education
The State Supreme Court concluded in the 1984 case of Hartzell v. Connell, “that all educational activities carried on by public school districts, extra-curricular as well as curricula, must be without cost to the students who participate in such activities.” This same ruling found that “mandatory fees for participating in such extra-curricular activities as drama, music, and athletic competition were illegal under the State Constitution.” Furthermore, they also rejected the argument that “fees could be charged so long as the district waived fees for students who were financially unable to pay.” This decision affects our students in several areas.
Field Trips: Schools may charge fees in connection with school related field trips as long as no student is denied the opportunity to participate.
Outdoor Science School: Schools may charge fees for Outdoor Science School provided no student is denied the opportunity to participate and there is an alternative activity for students that do not attend.
Donations: Donations are voluntary and will not negatively impact a child.
Classroom Materials: Teachers may recommend supplies, provided there is not penalty for students not having these items.
Parents Rights to Know
As a parent of a student in the Orange Unified School District, under Every Student Succeeds Act, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the teachers who instruct your child. Every Student Succeeds Act gives you the right to ask for the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:
· Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
· Whether the teacher under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
· The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certificate or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
· Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualification.
If you would like to receive any of this information, please contact Mrs. Rubio at
Important Upcoming Dates
3/4-6 Option 1 & 2 Students Return
PTA Membership Campaign
Parent & Teacher Conferences Week - Minimum Days all Week
General PTA Meeting 5 p.m.
October 14,21, & 28
Monthly School Assembly- Jaguars of the Month
PTA Reflections Art Due "I Matter Because..."
ELAC Meeting 5 p.m.
Red Ribbon Week
School Site Council Meeting 2:30 p.m.
Storybook Character Dress Up Day
Dia de los Muertos Celebration-Assembly