The Electrostatic Precipitator
How it Works
The Steps Involved
- Ionization - The Charging of the particles
- Migration - The Transporting the charged particles to the metal collecting surfaces
- Collection - The falling of the charged particles onto the collecting surfaces
- Charge Dissipation - The neutralization of the charged particles on the collecting surfaces
- Particle Dislodging - The removal of the particles from the metal collecting surfaces to the hopper
- Particle Removal - The conveying of the particles from the hopper to a disposal point
"Electrostatic Precipitator KnowledgeBase." Neundorfer. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. <http://www.neundorfer.com/knowledge_base/electrostatic_precipitators.aspx>.
"Uses of Electrostatics." BBC. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Feb. 2013. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/add_ocr_gateway/radiation/electrostaticsusesrev1.shtml>.