VOLUNTEER IN CUCURUMILLO
European Solidarity Corps Programme (ESC)
As a volunteer, the European Solidarity Corps lets you learn through non-formal experiences, improve existing skills or acquire new ones for your personal, educational or professional development.
The volunteering service offers you:
- Free accommodation: a single room in a flat shared with other volunteers.
- Pocket money (€155 per month).
- Money for food expenses (€155 per month).
- Local transport to get to your volunteer activities.
- Arrival and midterm training (midterm evaluation).
- Private medical insurance that will cover all the expenses not covered by the public health system (health, accident and civil liability insurance).
- Your travel expenses from where you live to Murcia at the beginning of the project and from Murcia to your place of residence once the project is finished.
- Visa and residence permit fees (if required).
The volunteer project
Start date: 07.09.2022
The schedule of volunteer activities will be between 25 and 35 hours per week.
The volunteer will carry out his/her activities in the local community which is mainly composed of the children, parents, staff and volunteers of CUCURUMILLO participating in this project. The project aims to develop knowledge and skills for all participants. To make professionals as well as parents aware of the need for educational reform in the educational and family system.
The activities that the volunteer will carry out are:
- Support our work of accompaniment with the children in the space, through a respectful and attentive presence.
- Help cover the spaces of Cucurumillo with adult presence in the indoor and outdoor rooms.
- Collaborate in the development of workshops and activities that arise throughout the morning.
- Possibility of developing a workshop or a specific activity that adapts to the interests and moments of development of the group of children. As well as the own elaboration of some material.
- Help keep the space neat and tidy.
- Support and participation in the creation of educational materials
- The volunteer will have a space to propose activities or ideas to implement in the educational project.
In addition, our volunteer will participate in the following activities:
- Promotion of European projects and programs and mobility among young people in the Region of Murcia, as well as among the users of our organization.
- Participation in workshops and presentations of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) program in youth organizations, secondary schools in the city of Murcia and the University of Murcia.
About learning opportunities, the volunteer:
- will benefit from practical experience carried out with the support of the Cucurumillo staff.
- will improve her/his knowledge of child development and personal growth, and how to organize the daily tasks of the project on an educational, psychological, organizational and practical level.
- will participate in workshops, lectures, trainings organized by the association, focused on our methodology of working with children.
Our volunteering project seeks to promote the values promoted by the EU and the ESC Programme, such as solidarity, equality, justice, respect, the fight against exclusion and xenophobia, etc.
Accommodation and maintenance
The volunteers who participate in our project will live in a flat located in the center of the city of Murcia together with other volunteers who carry out their volunteer project in other organizations in Murcia.
The flat will be rented by the Euroaccion Association, the coordinating organization of this project. Each volunteer will have his/her own room to guarantee privacy and space. The coordinating organization will pay the rent of the apartment and the bills on a monthly basis, to free the volunteers from these tasks.
This project is funded by the European Commission and covers, in addition to accommodation, the costs of food, pocket money and local transport. This money will be managed by the volunteer in a free and independent way.
Cucurumillo is a non-profit educational association, in continuous change and growth, created by mothers, fathers and educators in search of a respectful education and support for children between the ages of 2 and 6 years old. We understand that these ages are very important in terms of the formation of personality, being the respect for their rhythm, the accompaniment of emotions and learning of social relationships that form an important basis in the growth of girls and boys and their welfare in adulthood. We share the feeling of a tribe, existing among all the people (families, educators and group of children) who live together in the space day after day. Furthermore, we learn from each other and support each other.
The pillars on which we base our daily work in the space and our way of acting with the children are:
-Respect for the rhythm of each girl and boy, as well as respect for oneself, for the group and for the space.
- The promotion of autonomy.
- Keep each person's self-regulation alive.
- Emotional accompaniment, validating all the emotions and paying attention to the emotional state and feelings of each one.
- Free play as learning.
A good part of the time is invested in getting to know each child through the experiences we share with them on a daily basis. This allows each companion to accompany and attend to the individual processes of each child according to his or her real needs.
The work in this educational space is inspired by the philosophies of Steiner, Rebeca Wild, W. Reich, Paulo Freire, Pestalozzi, Vygotsky and Piaget. Cucurumillo is based on a methodology made up of learning experiences that seek to adapt to children's needs and their levels of cognitive, affective and social development. The children are in a space that is cared for and prepared to meet their needs, a place where respect and attachment reign.
This project is open to young people between 18 and 30 years old who have not participated in any European volunteering project (EVS or ESC) before.
Our association will prioritize the selection of young people with fewer opportunities, young people who face geographic, economic and/or educational barriers.
CUCURUMILLO is looking for volunteers interested and motivated to participate in our project. People who like to work with our user profile, especially with children. For us, it is also important that this person is curious and interested in our work methodology.
We believe it is important that the person who wants to work with us as a volunteer is dynamic and curious about "free learning". It is important that you like working with children, respecting their evolutionary process, their emotional state and their personal situation.
The ability to work in a team, creativity, music, singing, dancing, art, etc. We will also positively value people who love nature.
We do not have preference over the gender of the volunteer, but we will positively value a gender balance between the staff of the CUCURUMILLO association and the volunteers who work with us.
No young person willing to participate in our project will be excluded for any reason (economic difficulties, social or geographical obstacles, cultural or ideological differences, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, gender identity and sex, etc.).