for Students of Pasco County Schools
Your Distance Learning Adventure Awaits!
We hope you enjoyed your well-deserved Spring Break!
Your teachers miss seeing you and are working hard to help make the transition to distance learning go as smoothly as possible! We recognize that you may be feeling uncertain about what's ahead and we'd like to help you feel confident as you begin a new journey of learning online.
Whether you are new to online learning or have taken virtual courses in the past, please know that you have an army of caring instructors all working together to make this a fun and exciting learning experience for you. We are here for you and want everyone to feel prepared and successful. Embrace the challenges, keep in touch with your teachers, and give yourself the freedom to make mistakes. This shift is unprecedented, challenging, exciting, and important for both teachers and students.
Please read ahead for some helpful information about your online learning experience!
What Will I Need to Get Started?
myLearning: Beginning Tuesday, March 31st, your online courses will be available in your myLearning app (Canvas).
Need more information? Click Here for a video tutorial.
Tips For Your Workspace
- Determine where you can be the most productive within your home.
- When possible, find a quiet area, free from television/distractions.
- Create a daily/weekly to-do list that is easily accessible in your space.
- Use a schedule. A schedule is a great way to maintain focus and ensure your time is well managed.
Take some time to set up a positive, organized space for your work!
Create a Schedule that works for YOU!
Click for steps, a printable schedule, and examples of how to create your personalized schedule.
The Importance of Self-Care
- Get up and move every hour. Whether you are 6 or 16, check out these tips to help you get moving every hour: 25 Ways to Get Moving at Home.
- Build in 5-minute phone breaks (we all know it's tempting to get distracted and check your phone constantly).
- Be sure to give yourself time to eat, exercise, play with your animals, or play a game!
Managing Tasks, Time, and Focus
Improve Focus: The app uses specially designed music to improve your brain activity and help you focus and relax. You can turn on Brain.fm for timed sessions, or keep it on all day.
Click here to learn more.
Remember the Milk
Click here to learn more.
myLearning: Where Can I Go For Help?
Working in myLearning and need help?
If you need help at any time or have a question, click on the Help button in the bottom left corner of the screen. Then there are several help options to choose from:
- Ask Your Instructor a Question - is one of the ways to contact your instructor for help or questions.
- Search the Canvas Guides - is a great place to learn more about how to use Canvas.
- Report a Problem - is where you will report page errors and technical issues. Please be descriptive when filling out this form.
Find a Study Buddy: Studies have shown that students have a more positive and successful online course experience when they have a class buddy to call upon.
Some ideas for collaborating:
- Set daily goals together
- Check-in each day with your buddy
- Discuss course readings
- Develop a daily schedule
- Share organization ideas
Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can access myLearning on a gaming console?
Please keep in mind that gaming consoles, as well as some older devices, may not support all activities or applications.
Need to scan a document so you can share it?
Distance Learning Q&A with Mrs. Glenn, Pasco eSchool Principal
As you move through your courses, you may notice that some videos require you to log into your Office 365 account. Please read below for more information.
Note: A printable copy of the instructions can be downloaded below.
"Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors." African Proverb
Instead of letting things get you down, try seeing this as an opportunity! An opportunity to develop an important life skill that you will utilize for many years to come. Perseverance.