HIV AND AIDS
IN SUB SAHAREN AFRICA
True facts !!!!!!!!
- 22.9 million people are living with HIV
- 2 million people died in sub Saharen africa
- From the 2 million people 290,000 were children under 15 years old that died
- Since the beginning of the epidemic 14.8 million children have lost one or both parents to HIV/AIDS.
- Around 360,000 children in sub-Saharan Africa became infected with HIV in 2012
- 59 percent of HIV-positive people in Africa are women, the majority of children diagnosed with HIV have had the virus passed from their mothers.
- During 2011 alone, an estimated 1.2 million adults and children died as a result of AIDS-related illnesses in sub-Saharan Africa.
- less than 10 percent of HIV-positive children in need of treatment are being treated.
aids red ribbion
It's giving a message to inform people to find a cure for aids
It's showing that hiv is a dieses and it should be cured.
illnesses are important
It's saying that illnesses should be taken sericly and the should be stopped before they spread to other people.