Woodward North Parent Community
Falling Into Place
As we all slide into Fall, we hope everyone is feeling more settled into the new school year!
As always, please let us know how we can help you!
Your '15/'16 WNPC Chairs,
Michelle Rosenthal, Amy Auffant and Nilam Patel
All Monthly Newsletters will be stored on the website so you can refer back to them!
- Moms' Night Out is back! October 15 at Twisted Taco Rooftop, 7:00 p.m.
- Select Orchestra and Dancers to perform at the Johns Creek Art Festival October 17.
- CPR Training at Woodward North for parents and faculty on Tuesday, October 20 @ 8:30 a.m. Additional Academy Parent Programing Events found here.
- Main Campus Tour on Monday, October 26. RSVP
- Mark your calendar for the next WNPC meeting on November 6 with Dr. Gulley! Dr. Gulley Meeting 11/6/15
- "Save The Date" for your student's Book Fair Class Visit. Class Schedule Volunteer to work a shift at the book fair! Book Fair Volunteers
Join the WNPC Run Group for a morning jog after drop off! It's a great way to get to know other moms at Woodward North & get your heart rate up (in a healthy way).
For more details, call or text Lori Spencer at 404-313-3675.
Please start collecting "Box Tops" at home! More information coming soon!
1. 10/8 - Parent Programing Event at Main Campus - "Executive Functioning" Managing the Complex Child. 8:30 a.m.
2. 10/9 - Talent Show Assembly 9:45 a.m.
3. 10/12 - FALL HOLIDAY - SCHOOL CLOSED
4. 10/15 - Moms Night Out - Twisted Taco Rooftop, Johns Creek
5. 10/16 - Super Goober Day!
6. 10/17 - Select Orchestra and Dance students perform at Johns Creek Arts Festival @ 11:00 a.m.
7. 10/20 - CPR Course offered at WN for all parents and faculty 8:30 a.m. $23 to attend.
8. 10/22 - CONFERENCE DAY - NO SCHOOL - PK-3rd Parent Conferences; 4th-6th Grade Coffee
9. 10/24 - Eagle Cup Math Competition
10. 10/26 - Main Campus Tour for WN Parents
11. 10/30 - Halloween Parties PK-3rd Grades; Halloween Social 4th-6th Grades
Monthly Calendar View
1. Thursday, October 8 - Parent Programing Event at Main Campus 8:30 a.m.
"Executive Functioning" Managing the Complex Child. Click here for more information.
2. Friday, October 9 - Talent Show Assembly @ 9:45 a.m.
3. Monday, October 12 - Fall Holiday - SCHOOL CLOSED.
4. Thursday, October 15 - Moms Night Out @ Twisted Taco Rooftop 7:00 p.m.
Please RSVP here. 9700 Medlock Bridge Rd, Johns Creek.
5. Friday, October 16 - Super Goober Day. PK/K - 10:00a.m. dismissal. 1st-6th 10:30a.m. dismissal. The SGD carnival will run 12-3:00p.m. Don't forget your wristbands!
6. Saturday, October 17 - A group of orchestra and dance students will represent Woodward North at the Johns Creek Arts Festival. Performance will be at 11:00 a.m.
Please come and show your support! The Johns Creek Arts Festival, featuring juried artists and entertainment, is set for Oct. 17-18, 2015 on the Atlanta Athletic Club Fields across the street from the club. 40,000 people expected to attend. Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. For more information about the festival, visit JohnsCreekArtsFestival.com.
7. Tuesday, October 20 - CPR Certification Training open to all WN Parents and Faculty @ 8:30 a.m. in the Design Studio. Offered by: Richard Lamphier, RN
Clinical Program Manager, Project S.A.V.E.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Fee: $23.00 Register to attend!
8. Thursday, October 22 - Woodward North Conference Day - NO SCHOOL
PK-3 Teachers will schedule individual parent conferences. 4-6 grade teachers will host a grade-wide Conference Day Klatch for parents:
7:30 - 8:15 Sixth grade
8:30 - 9:15 Fifth grade
9:30 - 10:15 Fourth grade
9. Saturday, October 24 - Woodward North to host the first annual Eagle Cup Math competition!
10. Monday, October 26 - Main Campus Tour 10:00 a.m. Designed for the 4th-6th grade parents to spend the day touring the Woodward Academy Middle and Upper Schools. Transportation and lunch provided. Tentative agenda here. To RSVP click here.
11. Friday, October 30 - Halloween Parties. PK/K 1:30-2:15 p.m. 1st-3rd 2:00-2:45 p.m.
4th-6th Halloween Social 1:15-2:45 p.m. All students are encouraged to wear appropriate costumes to school.
A BIG Thank YOU to...
- Guni Dalal for chairing the 2015 Welcoming Committee.
- Angela Campagna for chairing the Flower and Garden Committee.
- Mira Moss for hosting a super fun Tailgate Party.
- The 2nd and 3rd grade parents for hosting the delicious September Faculty Appreciation Luncheon catered by Armando's Caribe.
- Suzette Thompson for organizing a successful Design Thinking Event.
- For all the parents who were able to attend the WNPC Meeting. Mrs. Marien and the panel of teachers were able to further explain the additional classes on our student's scheudle that were not presented during Parent Orientation Night such as Genius Hour and Math Lab. If you were unable to attend, please check back here for the link to the video of the meeting. We will add it shortly. Please let us know if you have questions.
CHOA Corner - Family Events this month
- Cagle's Family Farm Corn Maze September 3 - November 15
- Celebricktion, October 10-11 @ The Cobb Galleria www.celebricktion.com
Over 1 Million LEGOs were used to build the city on display. Freebuild areas, LEGO demonstrations, robotics and a vendor area are just a few activities you will find at this event. Tickets are $15 and a portion of each ticket sale will benefit CHOA.
VIP Event - Woodward Auction at the new Porsche Experience Center
Thursday, Nov. 5th, 6:30pm
On November 5th at 6:30pm
Woodward Academy is hosting an Auction at the new
Porsche Experience Center
to benefit financial aid
This is a pre-event to our annual AUTO EXHIBIT which will be held on November 7th on Woodward Campus.
* Limited, Invitation only Auction Event Held at Porsche Experience Center – be some of the first to see this state of the art facility.
* Silent and Live auction with all proceeds benefiting Financial Aid
* At the time of this email we only have 50 tickets still available
* Some of the Live Auction items will include:
Porsche Driving Experience at the new Porsche HQ
Parking space for your student for the rest of the year - Front Row in Senior Lot
Ferrari Driving through Red Rocks AZ & Vegas
*Cocktails & hors d'oeuvres will be served, cocktail attire.
Contact Jane Covington immediately to ensure your spot at this amazing event.
Digital Citizenship Week
October 5-9, 2015
Monster Book Fair
Rock and Read, November 13, 2015
Book Fair, November 16-20, 2015
Don't put any Monster Halloween Costumes away! Please let us borrow them for book fair!
PK and K Thanksgiving Feast
November 20, 2015