Fuller Family Newsletter
Vol. 3, No 5 - September 12, 2021
¿Necesita traducción? Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
Precisa de tradução? No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
Need translation? On a computer/laptop, click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
Week of September 13th
Tuesday, September 14 - Day 2 - Pool Testing (Students and Faculty)
Wednesday, September 15 - Day 3 - iReady Reading Diagnostic
Thursday, September 16 - No School in Observance of Yom Kippur
Friday, September 17 - Day 4
Virtual Open House - September 13th
Please see the schedule below. I will be sending out the schedule tomorrow with the Zoom Links attached. Please ask your child the team they are on if you are not sure. You can access your child's schedule through Aspen.
Every student in the school is assigned to a Team. Students will attend their core academic classes with the teachers who are assigned to their team but will attend classes with students outside of their team for PE, health, music, chorus, art, drama, band, strings, technology education, SAGE, world languages, and ESL.
- ELA - Ms. Corcoran
- Math - Ms. Summers
- Social Studies - Ms. Dunne
- Science - Mr. Faller
- Special Education Inclusion - Ms. Melendez
- ELA - Ms. Sullivan
- Math - Ms. McGovern
- Social Studies - Ms. Picard
- Science - Ms. Gallagher
- Special Education Inclusion - Ms. Miller
- ELA - Mr. Volpe
- Math - Ms. Morrill
- Social Studies - Ms. Haranas
- Science - Mr. Johnson
- Special Education Inclusion - Ms. Dudziak
- ELA - Ms. Paradiso
- Math - Ms. McGovern
- Social Studies - Mr. Zieky
- Science - Ms. Cezar
- Special Education Inclusion - Ms. St. Peter
- ELA - Mr. Geoghegan, Mr. O'Donnell, Ms. Djerf
- Math - Mr. Cardarelli, Ms. Shaughnessy, Mr. Mota
- Social Studies - Ms. Armstrong, Mr. Stacy
- Science - Mr. Hayward, Mr. Stacy
- Special Education Inclusion - Mr. Ciavarini, Ms. Govoni
6-8 Gold Team - TBE Portuguese
- LA - Ms. Figueiredo, Dr. Hornsby, Ms. Djerf
- Math - Mr. Martinez, Mr. Mota
- Science - Ms. Aguiar, Ms. Djerf
- SLIFE - Ms. Stacy
6-8 Gold Team - TBE Spanish
- LA - Ms. Mendez
- Math - Mr. Marin
- Science - Ms. Vergne
- SLIFE - Ms. Stacy
6-8 Crimson Team
- ELA - Ms. Doran
- Math - Ms. Cercone
- Science - Ms. Martino
- Social Studies/Life Skills - Ms. Carlstrom
- ASD Program - Ms. Mearls
- Mr. Spillane, Ms. Machado, Mr. Martinez, Ms. Goodwin, Ms. Lawrence, Ms. Gillin, Mr. Yanez, Ms. Figueiredo, Ms. Varga, Ms. Mendez, Dr. Hornsby, Ms. Stacy
- French - Ms. Brush
- Spanish - Ms. Brush, Ms. Castillo, Ms. Nocera
- Art - Mr. Prado
- Band - Ms. Thomas
- Chorus - Ms. Hervieux
- Drama - Ms. Percuoco
- Health - Ms. Stemplenski, Ms. Spielberg
- Physical Education - Ms. Columbo, Ms. Spielberg, Mr. Zanella
- Strings - Ms. Casinghino
- Technology Education - Mr. Vegas
- Literacy - Ms. Lovett
- Sage - Ms. Rowlings
- Speech and Language - Ms. McDonough, Ms. McBreem
- Wilson Reading - Ms. Kill
COVID Pool Testing - Starts on Tuesday
iReady Diagnostic - Monday and Wednesday this Week
If you would like to lean more about iReady, please use the link below.
Media Opt-Out Form
The Framingham Public School District uses images and/or videos (‘media’) of students and
student work to showcase educational activities and programs (including before and after school and vacation programs), as well as to inform the community of the Framingham Public Schools experience. Photographs, videos, and/or the name of your child may be included in publications (print or digital), news releases, and on District maintained websites or social media accounts.
If you DO NOT give Framingham Public Schools permission to use your child’s name,
image, or school work in any public display or presentation, please sign below and return
this form to your child’s school (office or classroom for BLOCKS students, homeroom
for elementary students, and the school office for middle and high school students).
Framingham Reads Together with Nic Stone
Drop Off and Pick Up
Not labeled on the map are 4 handicapped/visitor parking spots near the main entrance and our wheelchair accessible ramp and bike racks for students who are planning to ride their bicycles to school.
Please find a video below made by our PTO President showing where buses and caregivers will be dropping off/picking up students.
If you need to drop off your child after 8:15 am or pick up your child after 3:00 pm, please use the loop at the front of the school that will take you to Door #1 (main entrance).
Students must not arrive to school before 7:55; school doors open at 7:55.
Breakfast is served from 7:55-8:10.
The school day ends at 2:25.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
Important Policies to Review with Your Child Before School Starts
- Students will put their cell phones in their lockers before the school day begins and will remove their cells phones to take home at the end of the school day. If you would prefer your child keep their cell phone in their backpack, they may, but their cell phone cannot be used during the school day and must be turned off. If a student needs to contact their family, they will need to go to the main office to make a phone call. If you need to reach your child during the school day, please call the main office.
- Students should not bring Airpods to school. Airpods are not compatible with students' Chromebooks and all students have been ordered a pair of earphones that are compatible with their Chromebooks.
- Students may wear hooded sweatshirts, but hoods should remain down while inside during the school day.
- For the time being, all students and staff will wear an appropriate face mask while on the bus and in the school building (except when eating).
Important Dates for September
Monday, September 13 - Virtual Back to School Night/Open House - 6:00-8:00pm
Thursday, September 16 - No School - Yom Kippur
Monday, September 20 - School Council Meeting - 6:00, PTO Meeting - 7:00
Thursday, September 23 - No Homework
Friday, September 24 - Vaccine Clinic at Fuller (students 12 and older), Second Dose on Oct. 15
Sunday, September 26 - Fuller Grand Opening Celebration - 1:00-4:00 - Everyone is Invited
We ask that you send your child to school with a face mask and a reusable water bottle. We will have some reusable water bottles available in the main office if a student needs one. We have water filling stations available for students on each level of the new building.
- Last year, current 7th and 8th grade Fuller students received a new Chromebook. Students will be keeping these Chromebooks this school year. Your child's Chromebook should come to school charged each day. Students will be bringing their Chromebooks home daily in order to complete homework and project work. Please ask your child to bring their Chromebook to school every day starting on September 1st. Chromebooks must transported in their protective bag in order to keep them safe.
- Rising 6th grade students who attended a Framingham Public School last year, were given a Chromebook in their 5th grade class. Please have your child bring this Chromebook to school on September 1st. Your child has been assigned a new Chromebook for middle school but will not receive the new one until they turn in their old one.
- If your child is new to Framingham Public Schools, your child will be assigned a new Chromebook and protective bag on September 1st.
- If your child's Chromebook is damaged or is not working properly, please have your child bring it into school and notify their homeroom teacher. We will be able to replace the Chromebook.
Summer Reading 2021
As you read this summer, you are encouraged to select an activity from the Summer Reading menu found in the link below to share your experience and express your thinking about what you’ve read! You are invited to share your projects with your teacher in the fall.
Fuller's rising 6th and 7th graders received a copy of Clean Getaway and rising 8th graders received a copy of Dear Martin. Rising 9th graders will need to choose a book from the 9th grade reading list. Please use the links below to access further information.
Please continue to send your child to school each day with a clean face mask.
Water Filling Stations
Fuller has water filling stations for students to use; students may not use the water fountains.
Reusable Water Bottles
Please send a reusable water bottle to school with your child.
Fuller Middle School's New Core Values
Families, staff, and students were given the opportunity to respond to a survey about Fuller Middle School's Core Values: Respect, Responsibility, and Results.
After compiling all of the data, we have decided to change our Core Values to:
Resilience - is the ability to bounce back from life’s challenges and unforeseen difficulties. To be knocked down and come back stronger rather than being overcome by failure.
To recover quickly from setbacks & become stronger from experience.
Moving forward, these are the Core Values we will honor and build in our school community.
Food Information - Summer
All students who attend in-person learning at Fuller MS are eligible for free breakfast and free lunch.
Students received their ID badges last week. Instead of manually inputting their pin numbers at lunch, students are instead swiping their badges. This change was put in place for COVID safety reasons.