LENAPE MIDDLE SCHOOL SMOKE SIGNALS
January 30, 2019
FRENCH ROOM - Ms. Gluck
The Lenape French Room has been busy recently with lots of activities. See if you can match the activity to the photo!
- What's in Your Suitcase?: Students play a sort of clothing BINGO, trying to get all of the clothing and accessories that they have in their suitcase. To verify that all of the items have been called, they then name each of the items that they have "packed."
- Helping out around the house: Students listen to recordings of French teenagers talk about how they contribute to the running of the family household. The students draw a picture of what each French teen typically does, and then they tell each other if they, themselves, have done that chore recently in their own home. As each drawn chore is mentioned, everyone in the group erases it from their "planche blanche."
- Cafe Day: Students prepare and bring in drinks and food that are typically found in a Parisian café. They use their French to find out each other's opinions about the different things that they are tasting.
- Mini - Fashion Show: Students describe what their classmates are wearing that day, including items, colors, and patterns.
- "Verb-apalooza": Students play a variety of verb conjugation games online, such as "Battleship" and "Who wants to be a Millionaire". Each time that they and their partner win a game, they come up and a candy/cookie/bracelet/temporary tattoo from Prize Central.