Volume 25 Issue 3
Finley Farms Community,
With a little over a week until our first day of the 2020-2021 school year I'd like to provide you with updates as we prepare for the beginning of the year.
Online - Students that have selected the Online learning model option for the 2020-2021 school year have been withdrawn from Finley Farms Elementary and enrolled at GPS Global Academy. Families can expect to receive communication directly from Global Academy this week in relation to start of the year information and directions on their device check out process. Contact Global Academy at GlobalAcademy@gilbertschools.net with situation specific questions you may have.
Flex - Students that have selected the Flex learning model option for the 2020-2021 school year are currently being assigned to classes with FFE teachers along with their Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday in-person designated sessions. The school will be in contact with those families as rosters are finalized this week.
In-Person - Students that have selected the In-Person model option for the 2020-2021 school year, or who did not make a selection, have been placed in classrooms with FFE teachers.
Device Check Out
Students enrolled in Flex and In-Person learning at Finley Farms will have the opportunity to check out a school issued Chromebook if in need. Device check out will be available in the Front Office during scheduled days/times listed below.
Tuesday, July 28: 8am-3pm
Wednesday, July 29: 8am-3pm
Thursday, July 30: 8am-3pm & 5pm-7pm
Friday, July 31: 8am-3pm
If choosing to utilize a GPS device, families are asked to complete the check out form and review the GPS Student Device Handbook 2020-2021.
Procedures for Chromebook Distribution:
- Please use parent parking lot on southwest part of campus.
- Abide by Maricopa County guidelines with use of face covering when entering the building.
- Enter building through Front Office Doors.
- Provide staff with student name for device to be checked out for student enrolled in the Flex or In-Person model.
- Review the GPS Student Device Handbook 2020-2021.
I encourage you to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions you may have and I will contact you directly to talk through your situation and assist.
Finley Farms Elementary
Click the button to view suggested grade level supply lists in preparation for In-Person or Flex learning at Finley Farms Elementary.
Due to in-person instruction being postponed, Finley Farms will not be posting class lists on the windows as we have in the past.
On Friday, July 31st starting at 4pm, Finley Farms teachers will send emails to the students/families assigned to their classroom for 2020-2021 school year. The email will include a link to their online classroom where you will find a welcome back video from the teacher. Also included in the message will be a link for families to sign up for a time for our first ever Virtual Meet the Teacher event!
First Day of School
The first day will begin with students logging into their teacher's online classroom at 8:00am.
What School Will Look Like During Online Instruction
- All students will begin school online using the Buzz and Florida Virtual curriculum platform. Each teacher will have a daily/weekly schedule.
- Each teacher will share their daily/weekly schedule with students/families.
- Prior to the first day of school parents will receive a sample student schedule for reference on how the flow of a day may go.
- Students will log on at various times throughout the day. They will not be expected to log on and remain online for the entire day.
- The online schedule will mirror what an in-person day will look like for students.
- The schedule will include both "live" instruction time with teachers as well as time throughout the day where students will work on their schoolwork.
- All live instruction sessions will be recorded and available for families to view later if their schedule does not allow for real-time viewing.
- While teachers will teach their live lessons to the entire class, small group instruction will be a large part of our online instruction.
- Teachers will teach whole group, small group, and one on one live lessons.
- All students will go to their specials (PE, music, library, art, band, strings) following our building schedule.
- Information on how families will access the online platform will be forthcoming.
GPS Child Care Program
The 2019-2020 Yearbooks are available to be picked up in the Front Office during regular school hours.
GPS Food Services
Federal law requires that we notify all families annually that our Elementary, Junior High and High Schools participate in the National School Lunch Program. You may apply for free or reduced meal benefits for your student(s) by going online to http://www.schoollunchapp.com/ or by filling out the enclosed application and returning it to your child's school cafeteria manager. It is not necessary to fill out a separate application for each child. Please include all household members and information on one application.
Approved applications bring additional dollars to the District in the form of grant money. Dollars that come from the State and Federal Government for prevention programs, parent training and extra help for students with reading and math and other assistance is often based on the number of students that qualify for free and reduced meal benefits.
It is important that all parents who qualify, according the USDA Income Guideline, apply for benefits. The higher our count for student's qualifying for meal benefits, the more dollar's will be generated for student and parent programs within our District. All information provided will be kept confidential.
In addition, we have enclosed information in this packet including new menus, instructions, answers to commonly asked questions and nutritional information involving Food Service. Please read them carefully. You may contact the Nutrition Services Department at: 480.497.3482 if you have further questions.
We appreciate your time in submitting an application.
Gilbert Public Schools
Finley Farms Platforms
FFE is fortunate to have an outstanding PTO. Click the button to access their website and stay up to date on events, order from the spirit store, and find out about ways to volunteer.
Stay connected on happenings around campus being organized by our phenomenal parent group!