May 16-20, 2016 Week 36
Police Officer & Security Appreciation Week (give any posters, letters, notes to the front office to give to the AISD police)
Monday, May 16, 2016
- Professional Staff Meeting 7:15 am Library
- Classified staff will remain with the students until the teachers arrive to the gym or cafeteria.
- Trailblazer parking in the front crescent parking (corner of Lazy lane @ Dale Dr). Do not park in that area for the truck will use that area.
- Trailblazer 4th & 5th grades refer to the schedule sent last week
- SpEd field trip to Dart Bowl Ms. Kridner with details
- PK Circle Progress Monitoring EoY DEADLINE May 16
- 5th grade 21st Century Skills Tech. Assessment May 12-27
- 3, 4, & 5 grades Oral Reading Fluency Assessment May 16-25
- 4th to Earth Camp May 16-19
- 1st grade Swim Lessons YMCA May 16-20
Tuesday, May 17, 2016 (Spirit Shirt)
- ARD/504 Meetings Young/Pelton with details
- Trailblazer parking in the front crescent parking(corner of Lazy lane @ Dale Dr). Do not park in that area for the truck
- Trailblazer truck 2nd & 3rd grades refer to the schedule sent last week.
- Con Mi Madre presentation for 5th grade girls & parents 8:30 am Library Pelton with details
- 4th & 5th ASO Young Peoples Concert Long Center 10:00 Ms. Kofod w/ details
- SALUTE! Performing Arts Center 6:00-8:00 pm; come celebrate Mr. Perez & Ms. Visovsky
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 (Sunshine Shirt)
- Report Card Window opens: May 18-22
- Career Day 3rd-5th grade Mr. Pelton & Mr. Martinez
- N. Canlas on campus to assist with SSiS & CST last data entry during planning
- Take your teacher laptop to the professional library during planning block. "A minor problem has been identified on the Dell 3440 Laptop that were provided to all AISD teachers and Admin." They are on campus to fix the issue.
Thursday, May 19, 2016
- 5th grade tours Burnett M.S. 9 am
- Science fair projects due to the library after 1 pm. Have your scholar take the project and all that pertains to it to the library. Mr. Delgado and Ms. Y. Garcia will be there to assist.
- PTA Multi-Cultural Celebration 4:00-6:00 p.m
Friday, May 20, 2016 (College Shirt)
- 4th Field Trip to the Blanton Museum Ms. Schindler with details
- science fair 7:00-2:00 refer below for specific details
- PK-5 SSiS (social Skills Improvement System) data in eCST give hard copy to literacy coach Reminder: Due today
Nuts & Bolts
Science Fair May 20
Thursday: 1:00-2:30 scholars take project to library
- 7:30-10:00 a.m. Library closed for display judging & 5thgrade project judging.
- 5thgrade homeroom teachers will escort their classes to the library to be judged in this order (Delgado at 8:00 a.m.; Saavedra at 8:30 a.m.; Hernandez at 9:00 a.m.)
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. PK-4th project judging
- Any individual or group project submitted by students in PK-4th
grades will be judged at this time. They may come to the library to present their project to the judges.
- 10:00-2:00 library open for teacher led class tours & open to the community. Teachers may take their class after lunch.
- 2:00 p.m. an announcement will be made that ALL projects must be picked up and removed from the library.
Report Card Timeline:
- Window opens on May 18th @ 8:00 am (All information can be entered. You can post before due date if you are ready).
- Window closes on May 24th @ 8:00 am
Remember - All you need to do is POST (you can click Post All) to your report card! Also, you do not need to finalize each course. I will not have time to print out drafts for the last cycle, so with that being said, please run your reports to make sure you have entered all the information needed so that I can run the final report cards on Tuesday morning. Once I have printed your report cards I will put them in your box.
- For those teachers who have a new student and you do not have grades to enter, please enter 'NA'
- If an override grade is entered on the report card tab, you should click Save. DO NOT Post/Post All again or the updated grades will be reverted back to their original values.
Campus Advisory Counsel (CAC)
The CAC meet last Thursday. The CAC voted for the Option 3: 80/20 dual language model. Ask your representative for discussion details.
Math Fluency Formative Loop
Formative Loop has ended for the school year. Turn your folders into Mr. Sanchez.
EoY Checklist Correction
Keep the Data Binder in your room for next school year. Do not turn it into Ms. Moreno
Upcoming Events & Activities:
The list is not comprehensive. Please refer to the Dr. G.H. Wooten Google calendar.
New events are underlined
- SpEd Field Trip to Dart Bowl May 23
- 4th to Earth Camp May 23-26
- 1st grade swim lessons YMCA Group Two May 23-25
- computer lab closed for 5th grade administration of the 21st century Technology test May 24 & 25
- 3rd Annual Spelling Bee KG-2nd grades May 25
- Prime Time After-School Program final day May 25
- 5th EoY Transition Celebration (Jumpstreet Indoor Trampoline Park) 9:15-1:45 May 25
- Field Day Coach Davis & Coach Jackson with details May 26
- PK data meeting at Sanchez E.S. May 26
- Staff Development 7:45-3:30 May 27
- Cumulative Folder Party time TBD May 27
- Staff Holiday: Memorial Day May 30
- VIP event: $10 (dance/snack) PK-1st library 1:00-1:45 pm (Fantasia & ice cream); 2nd-5th 1:50-2:35 pm (Kung Fu Panda & ice cream) Library May 31
- Last day for Scholars June 2
- Last day for staff June 3
- DGW summer school begins June 6
- DGW Summer School ends June 30
If dates/times are missing please inform Ms. Moreno and/or Mr. San Segundo