Anna ISD School Options & Survey
Back to School 2020
June 24, 2020
Option 1: In-Person Learning
All Grades PK-12 may attend regular Pre-COVID-19 or regular school with TEA and CDC health and safety guidelines. The Commissioner did not provide details regarding in-person learning options. This information will come later. We do not have information regarding sports, fine arts, transportation, personal protective equipment, etc.
Unless guidelines change, face masks will not be required for students or staff to attend school.
Heightened Hygiene and Disinfection Protocols
In addition to our daily cleaning routine, the following cleaning methods will be implemented as new district-wide disinfecting standards. We will implement any further guidance from the State, as required.
- Each building will be sanitized weekly with the Clorox Total 360 Spray Disinfection System.
- Each bus will be sanitized after every morning and afternoon route with the Clorox Total 360 Spray Disinfection System.
- We will serve prepared and packaged lunches, as opposed to buffet style.
- New hand sanitizing dispensers will be placed throughout our campuses.
- We will encourage frequent hand-washing.
Option 2: At-Home Remote Learning
At-home remote learning will be made available through Schoology with district-provided technology and internet hotspots, as needed.
Texas Education Agency has mandated more precise and rigorous guidelines than what we experienced in the spring. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Remote learning must cover all state curriculum standards.
- Students will be accountable for mastery of the state curriculum standards.
- Remote-Learning and in-person grading policies will be the same as Pre-COVID-19.
The bottom line, remote learning will be much tighter and expectations much higher than online learning from the spring.
We Need Your Input
This decision means on August 19 your student will either attend school in person or remotely.
Please submit one survey per student by July 3, 2020