Sabrina's Coaching Corner
Keeping Scott teachers in the KNOW!
March 23, 2016
Happy 27th Week of School!
Please read the district & campus news below. As always, let me know if you have any questions or would like to meet.
ELAR Professional Learning:
- Kindergarten - Friday, April 1 (7:20-8:20, Admin Training Rooms) Click here to register
- 1st Grade - Friday, April 8 (7:20-8:20, CTE Center) Click here to register
Note from the Coordinators: Teachers need to bring an example/artifact of how they have used the cluster pre-assessments to create CFAs. Teachers will be sharing ideas and reflecting on their learning with these guiding questions:
- What is the evidence of student learning from your artifact?
- How is student growth measured and celebrated with this artifact?
- Curriculum writers have created a document that provides guidance on how to use technology for grouping students based on cluster pre-assessments and for creating formative assessments. Please view Tools for Grouping Students and Creating Formative Assessments. This document will also be linked in cluster 7.
- The 5th Grade Testing Genre has been added to cluster 6 in Forethought.
- The K-5 4th Nine Weeks Writing is now available in Forethought. Writing samples and conferring videos have been added.
- Teach Transform: We received the 4th grade series and the 5th grade Measurement book. The first person to send me an email that says bunny will get a drink of their choice. I will be scheduling times to meet with each team to determine how this resource can be used.
- Mentoring Minds Motivation Math: I will be meeting with teams within the next two weeks to share this resource and discuss how it can be used.