Gulf Coast Monthly
GCC Newsletter - September 2019
HUBCON is next weekend. Lists are due for the Average Joe FOG Tournament by midnight on Aug 31. Round 1 begins at 9 AM on Saturday. See notice that follows for other details including allowed armies. Email me if you have questions about the lists.
The HUBCON Late Medieval ADLG Tournament is next Friday of HUBCON with round 1 starting at 1. Lists are due to Hilton McManus September 1. See the announcement later in the Newsletter for details.
Please make sure to send your announcements and tournament results to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the GCC circuit. If you have anything you would like to see added/included in the newsletter send me an email and I will see what I can do. Otherwise, you guys are at my mercy and whims. Until next month.
2019 Hubcon Late Medieval ADLG Tournament
All players are encouraged to participate in both events.
Date: September 6, 2019
Location: Forrest County Multi Purpose Center, 962 Sullivan Dr, Hattiesburg, MS 39401
Map Size: 20x30 MU
Army Lists: Standard ADLG rules, 15mm, 200 points, 3 games,
Armies and their allies from Late Medieval Western Europe, post 1350.
Armies Available: 178, 179, 188, 190, 209, 219 - 236
Costs: HubCon entry fee
3 Rounds. All rounds will be 2.15 hours with 3-5 minutes of random time. Setup should not take more than 15 minutes.
Friday, September 6, 2019
Rd 1 1:00 PM
Rd 2 3:30 PM
Rd 3 7:00 PM
Tournament Scoring System will be the French 100 point system.
Email Army Lists to email@example.com by September 1, 2019.
If you need accommodations, please email Hilton and he will send a list of local hotels.
Average Joe FOG Tournament at HUBCON 2019
Field of Glory returns to HUBCON in 2019
On September 7-8, 2019, the Gulf Coast Championship series will return to HUBCON in Hattiesburg, MS, with the much anticipated return of the FOG Average Joe Tournament.
Tournament Rules and Format
- Table size will be 4x6.
- Each round will be 3 hours plus 1d6 of random time. When time is called, players will finish the current phase.
- Round 1 will start at 9 AM on Sep 7 or shortly thereafter
- V3 rules and current FAQ from BHGS website will be used.
- We will use the 100 point ADLG scoring method for round by round results.
- 1 list, 800 points.
- Any list from the list below is allowed but only the "Average Joes" may participate, i.e., no Superior, Elite or Poor troops are allowed. Highest ranking general allowed is an FC. (No Inspired Commanders allowed).
Book 1 Lists
- Later Sumerian or Akkadian
- Later Minoan or Early Mycenaean
- Later Hebrew
- Urartian before 750 BC only
- Kimmerian, Skythian or Saka
- Etruscan League, Early Roman or Latin
- Classical Greek
- Early Carthaginian
- Classical Indian
- Later Achaemenid Persian
- Warring States to Western Han Chinese from 209 BC only
- Bosporan from 108 BC
- Early to Middle Republican Roman
- Later Pre-Islamic Bedouin
- Attalid Pergamene
- Ancient Spanish
- Numidians or Moorish
- Later Jewish
- Early German
- Later Republican Roman
- Ancient British or Caledonian
Book 2 Lists
- Principate Roman
- Eastern Han Chinese
- Later German (Western)
- Later German (Eastern)
- Kofun-Nara Japanese Pre-400 Only
- Hunnic (Non-Hepthalite Hun options only)
- Post-Roman British
- Foederate Roman
- Later Hindu Indian (Non Sinhalese options only)
- Early Byzantine
- Merovingian Frankish
- Western Wei to Early Tang Chinese
- Christian Nubian after 800n AD
- Thematic byzantine
- Early Spanish
- Khmer or Champa
- Khurasanian Dynasties
- Later Abbasid, Tulunid, Ikhshidid
- Bedouin Dynasties
- Dailami Dynasties
- Nikeforian Byzantine
- Seljuk Turk
- Early Hungarian
- Taifa Andalusian
- Medieval Spanish & Portuguese
- Medieval French
- Medieval German
- Scots Isles & Highlanders
- Medieval Scots
- Komnenan Byzantine (No Varangians allowed)
- Anglo-Norman & Early Plantagenet English
- Medieval Welsh
- Medieval Burmese
- Ghurid Afghan
- Medieval Irish
- Ayyubid Egyptian
- Moslem Indian Sultanates
- Medieval Indonesian or Malay
- Middle Plantagenet English
- Ottoman Turks before 1362 only
- Later Serbian from 1345 only
- Later Poles before 1455 only
- Later Low Countries
- Medieval Scandinavian
- Catalan Company
- Condotta Italian
- Later Plantagenet English (Continental)
- Ming Chinese
- Timurid, Black Sheep or White Sheep Turcoman
- Medieval Scots (in France)
- Santa Hermanidad Neuve Castilian
- Christopher Anders will referee. Lists are due to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 31, 2019. Late lists give your opponent choice of terrain before initiative is rolled.
- Tournament fee is $5 paid to the referee.
- Prizes will be offered for top 3 finishers.
The University of Southern Mississippi does not play football that weekend so hotel rooms should be available. There is no hotel associated with the Con but there are 15 hotels located at the Hardy Street exit of I-59 within a short drive to the Con site.
Tournament and convention will be held in the Forrest County Multi-Purpose Center Annex, 962 Sullivan Dr, Hattiesburg, MS 39401.
GCC Calendar of Events for 2019-2020
- Sep 6, 2019 - HUBCON 2019: Late Medieval ADLG Tournament - Hattiesburg, MS
- Sep 7-8, 2019 - HUBCON: Average Joe Tournament (FOG v3) - Hattiesburg, MS
- Oct 2019 - Walt's Garage: ADLG Tournament - Covington, LA (tentative)
- Dec 2019 - Hilton's Holiday Biblical ADLG Tournament - New Orleans (always tentative)
- Feb or Mar 2020 - Cold Iron V Tournament (FOG v3) - Location and date is tentative as we are in discussion with several English players who want to come over for the event.
- Apr 2020 - Brewer-Sailors Memorial Ancients Tournament (ADLG) - Tentatively Gardendale, AL
- Jun 2020 - Bayou Wars GCC Championship/US Open Championship (ADLG) - D'Irberville, MS