A CLOSER LOOK
HOW DOES IT ALL ADD UP?
In groups of two or three, read your respective sections and generate a response addressing the following areas:
- Look at the language in this section. Think about the connotations of the words, allusions, metaphors, and other figures of speech.
- Highlight any interesting or eye-catching lines you notice.
- What are some of the major issues, ideas, lessons, and beliefs in this section? How are they conveyed to the reader?
- Why is this section important? How does this part relate to the novel as a whole?
- Describe any unclear or confusing moments.