Trinity Lutheran Preschool
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me..."
Early Childhood Monthly Newsletter- May 2016
May memory: "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21
Happy Mother's Day!!!
May's BIG IDEA Focus statement at school..."I can make and keep friends."
This month our children are learning about the word CONTENTMENT. Here are some key statements that you can share with your child at home.
- "I like" - We can show contentment by being thankful for our belongings, for people, our health, and even things we do not see.
- "who am I"- We were all created differently. We have different talents and interests, but that's what makes us special. We can be proud of who we are.
- "and what I have."- When we appreciate the things that we already have, we feel happy and content.
We love our new preschool class- TRINITY 2's. The theme for this Spring Class is "God Made Birds, Flowers and Me!"
Learning about Jesus during the month of May!
Our theme in May is Discipleship. We get to share the love of Jesus with everyone! It is so exciting that everything that we have learned this year that we can SHARE it with others:) God has done so much for us...even created the birds, flowers and all of us!!!
Learning Concepts in Preschool and PreK...
As we end the school year together, a few May concepts that we will be learning this month are:
- Building Blocks/Preschool: The letters Y, Z and a review of them all:), the number 10, the diamondshape, a review of colors, and the nursery rhyme-One, Two, Buckle My Shoe.
- Pre-Kindergarten: The reviewing of the letters W, X, Y, Z, syllables, opposites and rhuming. The number review of 1-20 and 3D shapes. The literacy/books are entitled "The Rainbow Fish" and " Going to the Zoo." Our sight words for May are: "yes" and "to."
A Few Upcoming Events...
- OPEN ENROLLMENT...share with your family/friends
- Monday, May 9- Culver's FUNdraiser Night from 5-8 p.m. All proceeds go to the preschool to purchase devolopmentally appropriate toys.
- Wednesday, May 11- WACKY WEDNESDAY...water activities planned, weather permitting.
- Friday, May 13- 100th Day for Mrs. Galiher's class and Mrs. Freshour's MWF class
- Monday, May 16- PreK field trip to Potawatomi Zoo
- Tuesday, May 17- Preschool field trip to Cobus Creek Park from 10-12 for lunch/play
- Wednesday, May 18- 8:15 a.m. PRESCHOOL/PREK CHAPEL in the NEW church...all parents are welcome to join us as we worship together for the first time in the new church. God is so good!
- Wednesday, May 25- BLESSING CHAPEL for PreK Classes
- Thursday, May 26- Blessing Chapel for Preschool Classes, last day of school for T/Th Preschool Classes
- Friday, May 27- Last day of Preschool/PreK
Vacation Bible School is June 13-17 from 9 am- Noon...Plan to have your child join us for this special week. Before and After-care will be available during this week too.