The Quill 8-19-20
Creating Opportunities Together
A Thought or Two From Mr. Nieslanik
Timeline of Upcoming Important Dates
- Week of 8/24: Summer Mailer coming to your home with information about the start of the school year. This mailer is only sent to the primary address in synergy. We ask that you share with all other households.
- 8/24: New Student Orientation via Zoom Office Hours--1:00-2:30pm and 6:00-7:30pm
- 8/27: New Student Orientation via Zoom Office Hours--9:00-10:30am
- 8/28: New Student Orientation via Zoom Office Hours--9:00-10:30am
- 9/1: Parent Information Forum via Zoom--6:00-7:00pm
- 9/2: Parent Information Forum via Zoom--6:00-7:00pm
- 9/3: Parent Information Forum via Zoom--6:00-7:00pm
- 9/7: No School Activities--Labor Day
- Week of 9/8-9/11: In preparation for learning staff will be contacting all students to ensure they have all the necessary supplies to begin the school year and that their chromebook is working. Trainings and information will be shared with all families and students on best practices in learning remotely.
- 9/8: Freshman Link Day Activities, 8:30-9:30am and 2:30-3:30pm
- 9/8: Freshman Flight Days--10:00am-2:00pm
- 9/8: Senior Celebration and Flight Days--3:00-7:00pm
- 9/9: Sophomore Flight Days--9:00am-1:00pm
- 9/9: Junior Flight Days--2:00-6:00pm
- 9/14: Day one of Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL)
Update on IB Diploma, Career-Related and Certificate Program
The International Baccalaureate Organization has made some changes to their 2020-21 expectations. We will be sharing details in the next couple of weeks with students and families who are enrolled in IB classes or the full IB programs. In a brief overview, the exam load has been modified in most classes and themes to be covered have also been modified. This means that teachers can focus on fewer themes this year than in the past. These two shifts will allow the students to access the IB curriculum in a way that is manageable in our 4x4 schedule.