The Weekly Howl
St. Francis Catholic School - Friday, October 18th
Dear Parents & Friends of SFCS,
We work on the above core value in many ways at SFCS. Each class has a classroom stewardship project. Whether it be working with one of our Parish Ministries or visiting one of our neighboring assisting facilities each class actively works on a stewardship project. As a school we have Spirit Days, school collections, outreach activities and much more that illustrates our core value of service and stewardship.
In this edition of the Howl you will see many ways that the students activity perform service in our parish and greater Hilton Head Community. Great job SFCS!
I look forward to seeing everyone at our October Family School Mass at 9:00am. Mrs. Sweeney needs singers for the choir. Any student in 3rd through 8th grade who would like to sing please meet Mrs. Sweeney by the organ by 8:45am. Please have and encourage your child to represent SFCS by having them wear his or her mass uniform. The parishioners love to see are students in uniform!
Sincerely in Christ,
Virtual Make Up Day - Monday, October 21st
You may access the assignments on our official school website.
October 20 - 26
Sunday, October 20th
- 9:00am: School Family Mass
- 6:00 - 8:00pm: High School Youth Group
Monday, October 21st
- School Closed - Diocesan CIP Conference for teachers, Virtual Make - Up Day for students
Tuesday, October 22nd
- 8:30am - 2:00pm: 1st Grade Field Trip to Holiday Farms
- 3:00pm: Bake Club Group A
- 5:00pm: Winter Parent Athletic Meeting
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm: Confirmation 2 & Youth Group
Wednesday, October 23rd
- End of the 1st Quarter
- 10:00am: School Mass
- 11:20am - 1:09pm: Pizza with Principal
- 6:00 - 8:00pm: Grade 6 & Confirmation 1 Youth Group
- 6:15 - 7:15pm: Communion 2 - Grade 5 Youth Group
Thursday, October 24th
- Spirit Day - Support for Bahamas, Hurricane Dorian Relief
- 8:00am: SAC New Family Focus Group in the Family Center
- 9:15pm: 5th Grade: Backpack Buddies in Family Center
- 12:00pm: Rotary Luncheon: Teacher of the Year Recipients
- 5:00 - 7:00pm: Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
Friday, October 25th
Saturday, October 26th
10/29: 8:00am - PreK, K & 1st Grade Parent Focus Group
10/30: 11:00am - 12:30pm: Spirit of St. Francis Lunch
10/31: 1:30pm - Halloween Parade & FSA Trunk or Treat
10/31: Monthly Bottle Cap Class Total Count Due to Office
11/1: All Saint's Day, 10:00am Mass with 2nd Grade Presentation
11/1: 2:00pm Assembly
11/1: 6:00pm: Beta Club Team Building Meeting (Gym)
11/5: K & 3rd Field Trip
11/6 - 11/8: Gym Closed for 2020 Dinner #2
11/6: 11:30am Dismissal for Middle School Students Only
11/6: MS Conferences
11/7: 11:30am Dismissal for all students, Conferences for all grades
11/7 - 11/10: FSA Pottery Jam
11/8: No classes for students, Conferences for all grades
7th Grade - Science
Our students shine when science meets art. Students completed our study of the structure of the cell with a culminating project in which they created a diagram of either a plant or animal cell. They used the diagram as the basis for their cell sculpture. Inside each cell you can see the various organelles. Each of these is responsible for specific functions within the cell which students could identify and explain. I hope you enjoy their work as much as we did seeing this project come alive.
Discovery Lab - PreK
Discovery Lab - Kindergarten
This week the Kindergarten students in Discovery Lab explored one of the many uses for levers. Students began by building a Lego tower and proceeded to use the ruler as a balance. They quickly learned how important the placement of objects is if the balance is to remain stable. It's even a lot of fun when the whole thing collapses because you get to start again and see what you can get the simple machine to do. There is a lot of science to be discovered when playing!
6th & 7th Religion
PreK - 2nd Art
PE - 5th Grade
National Junior Beta Club
Winter Sports Meeting - Tuesday, October 22nd at 5:00pm in the Gym
Congratulations Mrs. Pennington and Mrs. Freisen!!!
SFCS Bottle Cap Drive
At the assembly on November 1st we will be visited by Michelle Meissen of the Palmetto Ocean Conservancy to talk to the student body about the importance of our SFCS Bottle Cap Drive for the Bottle Cap Mural Project.
Changes to the Learning Center
Parent Focus Groups - We Want Your Input and Feedback!!!
Pure Barre comes to SFCS!!!
Participants must complete the form attached below to participate.
Upcoming FSA Events
Mark Your Calendars!!!
- Sunday, October 13th - (Virtual Day Info, Trunk or Treat, Halloween, Athletic Tournament Info, Fall Reading Frenzy, Cookbook, Confirmation Retreat, Partners Info, FSA Activities, SAC Focus Groups, Parish Info)
- Saturday, October 5th - (Parish Picnic, Altar Server Sign Up, Fall Reading Frenzy Week #1, Notre Dame, Yearbook Contest, Discovery Day, Bottle Cap Info, Candy Bounce Back, Pottery Jam, Bible Study, Reindeer Run, Parish Info, Pancake Breakfast)
- Sunday, September 28th - (FSA Events, Bake Club Info, Uniform Closet, Picnic Volunteers, Flu Vaccination Clinic, Candy Bounce Back)
- Sunday, September 22nd - (Spirit Day Results, Safe Environment Class, Reindeer Run)