Everitt Family Newsletter
~ For 100% Remote Learners: January 22, 2021 ~
Para traducir, haga clic en el enlace "Translate" a la derecha o encima de este boletín.
Dear Everitt 100% Remote Families
We are so excited to celebrate Kindness Week together as a school next week! Please encourage your students to participate in our spirit week as a way to stay connected as a community, even though we are apart.
As always, thank you for believing in the power of neighborhood schools to bring our communities together, and thank you for sharing your kids with us; it is our honor to serve them.
Jeena Templeton, Principal
Everitt Middle School
Monday, January 25: SPIRIT DAY: KINDNESS ROCKS ~ Dress Like a Rock Star!
Tuesday, January 26: SPIRIT DAY: PEACE IN ~ Wear your best Tie-Dye!
Wednesday, January 27: SPIRIT DAY: SHINE BRIGHT! ~ Wear your favorite NEON colors!
Thursday, January 28: SPIRIT DAY: KINDNESS--THE ULTIMATE SUPER POWER ~ Dress like your favorite superhero!
Friday, January 29: ASYNCHRONOUS learning for all students. SPIRIT DAY: DREAMING ABOUT A KINDER WORLD ~ Wear your PJs while learning at home!
Wednesday, February 3, 2021: PTA Meeting at 6:30pm and School Accountability Meeting HERE (On Zoom)
Individual Career Academic Plan for 7th and 8th Grade Students:
2021-2022 School Year Registration
Title 1 2021-2022 Budget Presentation Monday, 1/25
Wheat Ridge Kiwanis Club Information
The Wheat Ridge Kiwanis Club is an organization dedicated to helping kids. They work with Everitt every month to recognize 3 outstanding students at their monthly meeting.
The group also offers local families help with food needs, local scout troops and even sponsoring students in summer camps. If you need information on any of these programs, call Everitt for more information!
Food and Nutrition Services Update!
All school meals will remain free to all students through June 30, 2021.
Secondary remote distribution sites will remain open for remote meals during the time period between PK-5th return to in-person and 6-12
- § Bear Creek HS and Jefferson Jr/S will be added for remote meal distribution during this time period.
- § Schedule for remote meal pickup is Tuesday and Thursday, 2:00-4:30pm (until in-person learning resumes)
- § The list of remote distribution sites remaining open for remote meals during this transition time period is below.
- § A 6-12 grade student may access remote meals at an Elementary school if needed and more convenient during this time. Please contact the Elementary school for their remote meal schedule.
Return to In-Person Learning
- § Once in-person learning resumes for grades 6-12, in-person meal service will resume for in-person learners.
- § 100% remote learners in these grade levels will access remote meals at their home site on the school-specific schedule once in-person learning resumes.
- § In-person learners on the hybrid learning schedule will be able to take home meals for the days they are not at the school site on their second hybrid day of the week.
- o Younger siblings and those in Preschools that do not serve meals may access meals at area schools. Please contact the school for their remote meal service schedule.
- o While meals are available to all students at no cost, students will be charged for a la carte items.
Transition Remote Meal Distribution Sites: Alameda Jr/Sr, Arvada HS, Arvada West HS, Bear Creek HS, Columbine HS, Creighton MS, Green Mountain HS, Jefferson Jr/Sr, Pomona HS, Ralston Valley HS, Summit Ridge MS, Wayne Carle MS
Keeping our Community Connected with PTA
Coffee Chats weekly: Starting in January - we will start holding weekly PTA Parent Coffee Chats (Zoom) for our feeder elementary school parents.
Join the PTA Zoom Meeting on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 6:30pm HERE!
(Meeting ID: 848 1090 9782 / Passcode: EverittPTA)
Dial in by phone at:
312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 848 1090 9782
Connection and up-to-date information available here for all Everitt Families and Staff.
Everitt Middle School
With foundations of equity and excellence, Everitt empowers and inspires our students as individuals, lifelong learners, and creative critical thinkers to engage in authentic learning and contribute meaningfully to their communities and their world.