Our Town Happenings - Week #2
Reagan Elementary :: Leander Independent School District
Week of August 31 - September 4, 2015
WELCOME TO 4TH GRADE!
Weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let us know!
Karen & Stephanie
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK?
- Step 1 of the Writing Process: Brainstorming
- Grammar: Review common & proper nouns
- Where in the world is Texas?
- Begin Texas Regions - Gulf Coastal Plains & Mountains and Basins
- models of multiplication/division
- models of multiplication quiz on Friday
- Synonym & Antonyms
- Sitton Spelling Unit 1: become, grow, draw, yet, less
- Science Safety
- begin Properties of Matter unit
- set up Vocabulary cards for Quiz 1 (to be tested on 9/18)
OUR CURRENT WEEK
*BEGIN REGULAR DISMISSAL TIME OF 2:45*
- Purple Specials Day (Beasley/Library, LaCombe/PE)
- Red Specials Day (Beasley/PE, LaCombe/Art)
- Orange Specials Day (Beasley/Art, LaCombe/PE)
- Yellow Specials Day (Beasley/PE, Lacombe/Performing Arts)
- Green Specials Day (Beasley/Performing Arts, LaCombe/PE)
- models of multiplication quiz
- First Fun Friday in 4th Grade (optional) - Dress in your favorite sports attire or as your favorite athlete (no cleats, please; must still be dress code compliant)
- It's time to wake up those summer brains! Begin reading a book of your choice in the evenings - recommended 80 minutes a week (20 min/4 nights). Will begin logging minutes and completing homework NEXT WEEK.
- Review multiplication facts - will begin with official homework NEXT WEEK.
GRANDPARENTS' DAY SCHEDULE CHANGE
We originally scheduled Grandparents’ Day for Friday, September 11th and we will continue to welcome and honor our grandparent guests on that day. However, the official Leander ISD Grandparents’ Day is scheduled for Monday, September 14th. While our grandparents are welcome both days ONLY Monday will have adult menu options.
Menu for Friday, September 11th
Oven Fired Cheese Pizza V
Oven Fired Pepperoni Pizza Italian Meatball Sub
Chicken Caesar Salad GF*
Mixed Veggie Medley V GF
Steamed Broccoli Florets V GF
Menu for Monday, September 14th
Chicken Fried Steak w/Wheat Roll
Italian Beef Pasta Bake w/Wheat Roll
Fresh Garden Salad V GF*
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Steamed Broccoli Florets V GF
4TH GRADE PARENT NIGHT
Tuesday, Sep. 8th, 6pm
1700 East Park Street
Cedar Park, TX
PARENT PICK-UP PROCEDURES FOR 4TH GRADE
If your current 4th grader is the oldest child in your family and is dismissed as a car rider, please be aware that your pickup zone has changed from previous years. You will pick up your child and any younger siblings/carpoolers in Zone C, which is located to the far left of the building. Window signs for parent pick up were available at Meet the Teacher night, or may be printed at home via the link below. Please display the sign prominently in your car window during parent pickup, ESPECIALLY these first months of school.
ACTION ITEM: FIRST DAY PACKET - PLEASE COMPLETE ONLINE!
Parents can now complete their child’s first-day packet forms and print forms through txConnect. In the packet is the opportunity to fill out the following items:
- Updating student information
- Student health and allergy form
- Student residency questionnaire
- Student directory information
- Migrant survey
- Student code of conduct
Visit this txConnect webpage for help on setting up an account, or simply login to your txConnect account. If you have questions, please contact your campus registrar.
If you have questions, you can refer to the document below with parent registration steps. You can also contact our fabulous campus registrar, Shannon McEwen, at 512.570.0700.
For other helpful links and information regarding back to school, visit https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/our-town/back-to-school-info-forms.
- Early Release at 2:35 - 8/24 - 8/28 - ALL WEEK!
- Wednesday 8/26 - Rally at the Ridge at Gupton Stadium - come support our high school athletes and organizations!
- Monday 8/31 - Begin 2:45 dismissal time
- Friday 9/4 - Fun Friday in 4th (Dress-Up) - Sports Day
- Monday 9/7 - NO SCHOOL - Labor Day Holiday
- Tuesday 9/8 - 4th Grade Parent Night - 6:00 in Reagan Cafeteria
- MONDAY 9/14 - Grandparents Luncheon (4th grade lunch 12:40 - 1:10) (see note above)
- Wednesday 9/16 - Early Release at 12:00
- Thursday 9/17 - WatchDog Pizza Night
- FRIDAY 9/18 - Science Vocab Quiz 1 (vocab set up in class; may be accessed on website as well)
- Thursday 9/24 - Back to School Picnic PTA Meeting
- Friday 10/2 - Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress Up) - Super Hero Day
- Monday 10/12 - NO SCHOOL - Staff Development Day
- Friday 10/23 - End of 1st 9 weeks
- Week of 10/26 - Red Ribbon Week
- Wednesday 10/28 - Early Release day; 1st 9 weeks report cards home
- Sunday 11/1 - Daylight Savings Time - FALL BACK!
- Friday 11/6 - Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress-Up) - Decade Day
- Wednesday 11/11 - 4th Grade Veterans Day performance
- Week of 11/16 - Generations Texas week
- Week of 11/23 - 11/27 - Thanksgiving Break
- 12/21 - 1/1/16 - LISD Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
- Monday 1/4 - School resumes
- Friday 1/8 - Fun First Friday in 4th (Dress-Up) - Crazy Hair Day
- Friday 1/15 - End of 1st Semester
The 2015 - 16 school year is off to a GREAT START!
WANT TO KEEP IN THE LOOP?
We also utilize a service called Remind throughout the course of the year in an attempt to make your life as a parent just a little bit easier. With Remind, we can send you one way texts with time sensitive reminders or last minute schedule changes (for example, "Picture Day tomorrow!", or "Field Trip on Friday; please fill out permission slip if you haven't done so") that are beneficial for you to know. To subscribe to the service, text @f95693 to the number 81010. If you have trouble using the 81010 number, text @f95693 to (636)442-1203. Texts will be limited in frequency, but you may unsubscribe at any time by replying with "unsubscribe @f95693".For more info regarding Remind, see the link below.
Weekly memos will be sent via email as well. If your address changes, please let us know so we can keep our records current.
BRING YOUR OWN TECHNOLOGY PERMISSION FORM
Students that wish to participate in the BYOT/BYOD initiative must sign a contract BEFORE bringing devices to school. The contract will be sent home the first week of school. For more information, please refer to the contract or contact either Mrs. LaCombe or Mrs. Beasley. If you'd like to print out the contract at home and send it in, it is accessible via the link below.
- quart size freezer Ziploc bags
- gallon size freezer Ziploc bags
- colorful / fun rolls of duct tape
- pencil top erasers
- bandaids (all shapes/sizes)
- hand sanitizer
- dry erase markers (color or black, thin or chisel point)
If we have need for something specific, we will let you know via our weekly newsletter communication.