Wing School Technology
Technology happenings in our classrooms.
Grade 6 Chromebooks, Fakebook, Google Drive, Cyberbullying, Moby Max and the Hour of Code
Grade 5 Google Slides, Kidsblog, WebQuests, Wordle, Typing Club, Chromebooks, Google Drive, Moby Max and the Hour of Code
Grade 5 presented research regarding Colonial Days using collaborative Google Slides, posted comments on Kidsblog, did a Viking Webquest, used Wordle to describe themselves, learned Chromebook technology, created their own Blog site, practiced typing skills on the Typing Portal and did the Hour of Code for Computer Science Week.
Grade 4 Webquest, Google Drive, Moby Max, Typing Club, Spelling in Word and the Hour of Code
Grade 3 Typing Club, Microsoft Word, Digital Citizenship, Word Clouds, Math websites, Moby Max and the Hour of Code
Grade 3 learned about Digital Citizenship, typing practice using the Typing Club portal, used Word Clouds to describe themselves, Microsoft Word to write their “Room Rules” and spelling words and sentences. Using Moby Max to practice math facts and SpellingCity.com to practice spelling words. They are doing an Hour of Code for Computer Science Week
Grade 2 Microsoft Word, BrainpopJr, Powerpoint, Map Puzzles, Moby Max, Xtra Math and Word Clouds.
Grade 1 Microsoft Word, Starfall.com, Smartboard Notebooks, Digital Citizenship and the Hour of Code.
Grade 1 learned how to type their spelling words in Microsoft Word and print, digital citizenship to be safe on line and Smartboard notebook software about Bats. They are practicing math facts on ABCya website and Starfall to help with reading. They will be learning to Code using the Hour of Code during Computer Science Week.
Kindergarten Interactive Smartboard technology, mouse skills, and the Hour of Code
Great Sites to Check Out for the Family and Student
- Common Sense Media- great site for movie reviews, app reviews, education and advocacy for students and parents. https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog
- Henry T. Wing School Moby Max portal for Grades 1-6 http://www.mobymax.com/ma785
- A great site for Grades K to 5 with educational games ABCya.com http://www.abcya.com/
- For news about our District Schools see our new online magazine Sandwich Learns Together http://sandwichlearnstogether.org/
- To practice mouse skills for younger students try Bees and Honey http://www.tvokids.com/games/beesandhoney
- A great website for teaching Children to read and inspire them to learn Starfall http://more.starfall.com/info/parents.php