Things you may not know by Mitchell Eveland
· Leukemia is a cancer that starts in tissue that forms our blood. This makes cells called Leukemia cells, which are white blood cells that are very abnormal!
· Leukemia can be chronic (not as bad) or acute (VERY bad!)
· Chronic leukemia symptoms are:
a. Fever and Night sweats
b. Weak and tiredness
c. Easy bleeding and bruising
d. Purple or red patches of skin
e. Weight loss for no reason
f. Joint and bone pain
· Acute symptoms are the same, and worse!
· It usually affects those over 55 and rarely affects children.
· There are usually around 26,000 new cases of leukemia each year!