North Elementary School- November 12, 2015
DUTIES FOR THE WEEK OF November 16
SPECIAL CLASS: Week 1
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION/LOUNGE DUTY:
YEE HAWS!!!!! = 7
Calendar of Events
Thursday, November 12
- Elementary Principals' Meeting from 8:00-11:30 am at BOE (Barb out)
Tuesday, November 17
- Blue Ribbon Writing Party at 9:00 am in Room 110
- RED (KT) at 3:15 pm in the office
Wednesday, November 18
- Mid-quarter grades go home
- Early Release at 1:00 pm (See Early Dismissal Schedule)
Thursday, November 19
- Staff Appreciation Breakfast at 7:30 am at the Miller Center (Amy Backes attending)
- Barb out morning only
- Staffing- parochial student at 3:15 pm in the office
Friday, November 20
- Blue Ribbon Writing Papers Due to Fariba by 3:00 pm please
District "We" Surveys
All "We" Surveys should be completed by the end of the day on Friday, November 13.
WE Lead = All building staff, including librarian, counselors, paras, food service, custodial, secretaries, etc...
WE Learn = All students grade 3 and above.
We Teach = All teachers that have a roster (e.g. classroom teachers, Specials teachers, Resource teachers, Reading Recovery teachers,)
ICLE classroom visits
On Wednesday, November 11, you should have received an email from Mr. Linthicum regarding classroom visits beginning next week. Below is a part of this email from him:
Beginning on Monday, November 16, the International Center of Leadership in Education (ICLE) will be visiting classrooms for about 10-20 minutes. Consultants will collect data on the intsturctional practices and strategies used in classrooms and how the instructional strategies are currently impacting learning. The survey findings and classroom observations will help ICLE provide recommendations for improvements in instructional leadership and classroom strategies.
I do not know which days or which classrooms they will visit. Just know that you may have visitors in your room between Monday and Thanksgiving and that they will only be in the classroom for 10-20 minutes.
Early Dismissal Schedule
8:00-8:30- Grade 5
8:30-9:00- Grade 4
9:00-9:30- Grade 3
9:30-10:00- Grade 2
10:00-10:30- Grade 1
**Kindergarten with be the only grade to take an "optional recess" on early dismissal days. All other students will have lunch recess only.
Lunch and Recess
10:50-11:30- Grade 1
11:10-11:50- Grade 2
11:30-12:10- Grade 3
11:50-12:30- Grade 4
12:10-12:50- Grade 5
Early Dismissal Agenda
Mid-Quarter Grades Go Home Wednesday
Lunch Recess and the Weather
Our general guideline for determining whether we go outside at lunch recess is a "feels like temperature of 20 degrees, particularly for grades K-3. If it "feels like" less than 20 degrees, recess will be inside. Please use weather.com and key in Holts Summit's zip code: 65043 Grade 4-5 may go outside if it is colder- but that will be at the discretion of Mrs. Silvey and Mrs.Gehlert.
Decisions regarding whether classes go outside for the "optional recess" are made by the individual classroom teacher since he/she has supervision.
For your newsletters before Thanksgiving
The PTO Fall Labels Contest will end on Monday, November 30. Please continue to collect the following labels: Campbell's Labels for Education, Tyson Project A+, and Coke Rewards. Labels should be returned to school in an envelope or plastic bag with the teacher's name on it so that your child's class will get credit for the labels. The winning class at each grade level will receive a PIZZA PARTY!
December Service Project
- Weekly entries should be made into Infinite Campus in each subject area.
- Be sure to keep your websites up-to-date!
- I would like copies of all classroom newsletters. These can be sent to me electronically or a paper copy in my mailbox.
- Please continue to use the clip up tickets, Safe, Respectful, and Responsible Compliment cards (or verbal compliments) keeping the 4:1 in mind!