By: Carl Nevius
- Comets are the left over formation of stars and planets from billion of years ago.
- A comet orbits of the earth is very obit all while, planets tend to have circular orbits.
- Due to the motion of the comet, which is pretty fast, and the force exerted by the solar winds, the trail of the comet will be evaporated and will soon make a tail.
- When comets are very far away from the sun they're mostly covered in ice black rocks and dust.
- An asteroid is a large rock in outer space. Some can be very large, while others are as small as a grain of sand. Due to their smaller size, asteroids do not have enough gravity to pull themselves into the shape of a ball.
- Near earth comets are comets and asteroids that have been nudged by the gravitational attraction of nearby planets into orbits that allow them to enter the earths orbit.
1908 -- An asteroid estimated at 50 meters across explodes above Tunguska, Siberia, and it blew down trees across 2,000 square kilometers and it also kill a thousand reindeer, but apparently no people. Because the stony object exploded in the atmosphere, with no craters
The article was by: Amy Hubbard
Megaton: is a unit of explosive power which is usually used for nuclear weapons or TNT