For the week of February 11-15 and February 18-22
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
Taking the time to acknowledge the kind deeds of others is...
...being Turrill Tough!!
Parent Drop off and PickUp Reminders
- Please remain in your car and have your children enter/exit on the side nearest the sidewalk.
- Have your children unbuckle and prepare for exiting your car as you pull forward to the drop off
- Please pull forward as far as you can
- Merge to the pass through lane after dropping off or picking up your children
- If you have to exit your vehicle please use a parking space
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
What's Up this Week?
Monday, February 11 -
- First Round of the Buffalo Wild Wings Spirit Bracket Challenge - see below
Tuesday, February 12 -
- To get the most out of a shared reading, encourage your child to appreciate the pictures, and also guide their attention to printed words.
Wednesday, February 13 -
- TAG at 7:50
- 5th Grade Parent Night at Rolland-Warner (parents can choose either the 6:00 or 7:00 session)
Thursday, February 14 -
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- Good News Club after school
- 5th grade going skating from 11:45-2:45
Friday, February 15 -
- K-5 Records Day
- No School for Students
Monday, February 18 -
- No School for Students
Tuesday, February 19 - Friday, February 22
- Game Madness themed 4-day Intersession for registered students
5th Grade Turrill Parent Night at Rolland-Warner
Wednesday, Feb. 13th, 6-8pm
3145 West Genesee Street
If you will have a child transitioning to Rolland-Warner next year then this is the parent meeting designed for you!
There are two sessions and you can select either time:
- Session 1 - 6:00
- Session 2 - 7:00
Snow Days and the Impact on our Calendar
With the most recent "Snow Day", we are now at 12 cancelled days for the 2018-19 school year. The state allots school districts six days for cancellations each school year. In addition, we have two days that were built in to our schedule, for both year-round and traditional students, that will be used as make-up days.
With that in mind, APRIL 22 and MAY 24 are now officially in-session school days for students and staff on the traditional and year-round calendars.
GSRP and ECSE will also be in session on Monday, April 22. In addition, GSRP will also attend May 28, 29 and 30.
As allowed by the Michigan Department of Education, the Lapeer County ISD has applied for a waiver on behalf of all county districts for an additional 3 days. If the waiver is approved, we would still be required to make up any additional days beyond 11.
Details regarding the scheduling of additional make-up days will be communicated at a later date.
Kids Heart Challenge (formerly known as Jump Rope for Heart)
If you are able, donations can be sent to your child's classroom teacher by Friday, February 15th.
A link to the online website is below if you have friends or family that wish to contribute to Turrill’s Total!
Congratulations to All of Our Spelling Bee Participants!
Special recognition to:
- Runner up - Johnny Hall
- Winner - Soraiya Lugo