LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
THIS WEEK- February 3-7
- February 5th- Digital Learning Day
Click here for more information
Click here to tell us what you are doing to promote Digital Learning Day,
- February 5th- IPad Winners Revealed.
GCS will deliver the iPads to the winners of the R2R Holiday Reading Challenge today. Media event to take place at Pilot Elementary School at 10:00
- February 7th- Title Wish Information DUE
· The district would like us to set up a TitleWish site for each school. In order to do this, we need specific information from you.
o To find out more about TitleWish, go to Titlewave and click on fundraiser.
o Feel free to call me for more information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
- February 8th- Librarian to Librarian Networking Summit ECU
CLICK HERE to register.
CLICK HERE for more information
If you have any questions please contact Nancy Cravey.
- Instructional Technology Courses will be on Office 365 this month
Click here for course offerings. (This is a working document and will be updated as courses are added.)
Dates to Remember
- February 11th- BOB
lunch fees, lunch order, and team member & coach names DUE to Jean.
Click HERE for access to lunch order information.
Fee submission information can be obtained on the website.
- February 13th- GCS-MS: Technology, Teaching, and Learning for the 21st Century Media Specialist WorkDay 8:30am - 3:00pm Washington Street Room 300
CLICK HERE to register
- February 17th- YA Lit Southern Middle School
If you have any questions please contact Holly Maness
- February 26th- Middle and High School Media Specialist PLC
TOPIC: NCWiseOwl HS & MS Resources with Dan Sparlin
- February 27th- Elementary Media Specialist PLC
TOPIC: NCWiseOwl Elementary Resources with Dan Sparlin
January PLC Rescheduled
Thank you for your participation on the follow up email regarding the updates for our January PLC. We are in the process of rescheduling the PLC. The results of your survey indicate that the majority will be able to attend on March 20th. I will let you know when this date is confirmed with the presenter.
- A separate email will be shared with details regarding R2R Winners.
World View Conference
- The media specialist attending the World View Conference will be selected and informed later today.
- GCS will also offer a Global Conference of it's own on April 5th from 8:30-12:30 in Jamestown. Please add this to your calendar and plan to attend. More details to follow.
Media Specialist of the Year Nominations
CLICK HERE to access the Media Specialist of the Year nomination packet. The Nomination Form should be completed by the nominator. The Questionnaire and Supporting Information should be completed by the nominee. All materials are due by March 3 and may be emailed to Joanna Pendleton at email@example.com. If you decide to nominate a colleague for this honor, please be sure to notify him/her so that he/she may begin the application process.
Are you interested starting a TED-Ed Club?
Instructional Tech. Courses
GREAT NEWS! If you attend at least 3 instructional courses throughout the year you will now receive credit. (Please share with staff.)
Instructional Technology Training Sessions Offered
Tune into the buzz about professional development opportunities offered by the Instructional Technology team. Their "Winter AV Month" series of classes begins in December. Click here for a full list of classes and more details.
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)275-4562
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.