The truth about Photoshop
Nothing is always as it appears to be.
As if she isn't beautiful enough, she has been altered to a slimmer waist, thinner thighs, and an even skin tone.
Yes, we all know what cellulite is, everyone has it. Let's be a little more realistic.
Two different people
Do I really need to explain this photo? I mean, is this still the same person?
Look at how powerful the effects of Photoshop are, they can change any imperfection or flaw into absolute excellence. Photoshop could probably turn a piece of pizza into an ideal model... oh wait, it can.
This particular body shape, skin colour, hair colour, why is this marked as beautiful, sexy, and attractive? Because of the media. Because this is what is stuck onto every magazine cover, every billboard, every television advertisement, every movie. And as a result, it sets the bar far too high for expectation of women. Not you, or anyone you know will never be good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, tanned enough to become this, because this is not a living being, it is a computer.
This model has had all her stomach fat erased away, given a slimmer waist, and a tan.
I don't think this day cream is that good.
I personally did not see any reason to give this model a photoshop makeover at all. She is naturally beautiful, but she is still not good enough.
The importance of Photoshop..
Why is Photoshop so important and so commonly used? What good does it do?
It mutates the normal image of women, changing the way they are expected to look, and also causes huge health problems with teenage girls who are reading these magazines, or looking at these posters of fake human beings, believing with every cell in their body and mind that this is the only acceptable way to look.
How can that be okay?
This leads them down the path of depression and eating disorders. Photoshop, although many say will do no damage, is actually unbelievably harmful, and it does lead to very real, and horrible consequences.
- 42% of girls in years 1-3 want to be thinner. These are girls aged 6-8. Why should a little girl that age be insecure about her body.
- 78% of 17-year-old girls are unhappy with their bodies. Seventy-eight per cent.
- 30% of high-school girls and 16% of high-school boys have an eating disorder.
- Teenage girls said they are “more afraid of gaining weight than getting cancer, losing their parents, or being in a nuclear war.”
So, please, tell me how amazing Photoshop is again?
How can young girls support their own health?
- Avoid looking at or reading these types of magazines as they will only make you feel worse.
- Even though it's hard, remember this isn't really what these people look like.
- Love yourself, always.
- Know that there are healthy and very real ways to become fit and have a toned body.
- Appreciate what you have, as there is always someone who doesn't have what you have.