HMS Bearcat Bulletin
A Note from Ms. Buschmann
At the Board of Education meeting on February 13, a move of the fourth-grade from the HES campus back to the HMS campus was approved. Issues of space for a potential expansion of early-childhood opportunities necessitated the change. HMS is now full-steam ahead with planning for the transition of two grades of students new to the building entering at the same time. As fourth-grade was housed in the building for about 15 years, we don't anticipate any major difficulties with the transition, but please contact Ms. Buschmann if you have concerns.
Please note initial information about our Missouri Read-In Day event below. A reservation form for lunch and additional details will be sent home with students soon.
The make-up days for the snow/ice days we have had so far are February 18; April 18; and May 16, 17, 20, 21 and 22.
Missouri Read-In Day- Mission: HMS
Friday, March 8th, 11am
164 Blue Pride Drive
Flyers and a "Bearcat Bulletin" supplement will be published soon with additional information and RSVP forms.
After School Homework Help
Keep the Quote
We are early in the process, but our quotes so far are displayed below, along with the winner of each.
News for Parents of 8th-Grade Students
- Your child met with Mrs. Pazdera and Mrs. Pehle to go over registration for the High School and completion of the Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) on February 12. Many have completed their schedule requests and returned them signed by you already and many have made good progress on the ICAP. Mrs. Pehle has prepared a presentation about the ICAP and set aside time to work with students and parents on Tuesday, February 19 at 5:30. It is important that students attend so parents can access the ICAP and course guide in Google Drive.
- The 8th-Grade promotion ceremony will be held as originally scheduled on May 10, 2019. It will begin at 6:00 p.m. and last approximately 35-45 minutes. Families in Action will provide a meal for 8th-Grade students to follow and a dance for 6th through 8th-Grade students following that.
- The 8th-Grade end of the year field trip will be on May 14.
More specific end of the year information will be sent home with students at a future date.
Student of the Month
Front Row: Lily, Madison, Chase, Gavyn, Nolan, Hope, Brylee, Jillian, Kaley, Jacob
Middle Row: Austin, Reese, Alivia, Cassie, Abi, Kara, Sophia, Alley, Lane
Back Row: Avery, Holly, Kadyn, Gavin, Haley, Shelby, Will, Nik, Taylor
And the Winners Are...
Educator of the Year
Ongoing Fundraising Efforts
Please keep in mind a couple of easy ways to raise funds for HMS.
1. Boxtops for Education
2. Shutterfly- start your order at our storefront and 8% of each purchase will be sent to HMS.
Visit our Storefront: hermannmiddleschool.ShutterflyStorefront.com
3. Best Choice UPC's
4. Coca-Cola Give: Put codes from bottles or12-packs or cases of cans in and designate Hermann Middle School as your giving partner at Coke.com/Give.
Pictures from HMS
February 18- Make-Up Day, school is in session
February 19- ICAP Workshop for 8th-Grade Students and their parents, 5:30 in the library
February 19- Middle School Track Parent's Meeting, 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria
February 21- After School Homework Help until 4:30
February 21- 7th and 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball vs. Union, 5:30
February 25- 7th and 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball vs. St. Clair, 12:30 (Day game)
February 25- 7th and 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball @Washington, 5:30
February 26- After School Homework Help until 4:30
February 27- HMS Student Council Meeting, 3:15
February 28- 7th and 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball vs. Owensville, 5:30
February 28- After School Homework Help until 4:30
March 1- FIA Dance, 7:00- 9:30
March 4- 8- National School Social Work Week
March 4-8 National School Breakfast Week
March 4- 7th and 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball @ Pacific, 5:30
March 5- After School Homework Help until 4:30
March 5- Choir Concert, 7:00 p.m.
March 7- After School Homework Help until 4:30
March 8- Read-In Day
March 8- 15- HMS Scholastic Book Fair
March 11- PD Day- No School for Students
March 12- After School Homework Help until 4:30
March 12- 7th and 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball @ St. James, 5:30
March 13- Band Concert, 7:00 p.m.
March 14- After School Homework Help until 4:30
March 14- End of 3rd Quarter
March 14- 7th and 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball vs. Bland, 5:30
March 14- School Board Meeting, 6:00