Welcome to the DUNLAP GRADE SCHOOL’S Friday Focus
on the docket
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese
- Dan Eckert's Birthday
- STAR Benchmarking Continues
- Lunch: Meatball Sub
- McTeacher's Night at Knoxville McDonald's 4:30-7pm
- Running Club. Pick Up at 3:45pm
- Lunch: Spaghetti
- 2:15pm PLC Dismissal
- Lunch: Chicken Sticks
- 4th Grade Field Trip
- Laps for Life Kick Off
- 6:30pm Running Club at HGES
- Lunch: Bosco Sticks
- Last Day for Library Book Returns
- Muffins for Moms 7am-7:30am
- AR Gold Level Party 2pm
May 16: 5th Grade Springfield Field Trip
May 17: 2nd Grade Field Trip
May 19: St. Jude Laps for Life
May 19: 5th Grade Rocket Launch
May 20: 2nd-5th Grade Awards Day 9am
May 20: K and 1st Field Trips
May 23: Last Day of School 1pm Dismissal
Photo of the Week
Our 5th graders visited DVMS for a 6th grade orientation. They were able to meet administration and hear a little bit about what's in store for their new adventures. When they returned they completed a project in which they set goals and shared what they were looking forward to in 6th Grade
Explore More Day
You received a file of information in your mailboxes that include a master list of all students and their session assignments as well as a master list of all sessions. At the start of each session, please check attendance to ensure we account for all students. If you are missing a student, please notify the office immediately and we will assist in locating that student. You will receive a paper copy of absent students after 8:30am that you can cross reference.
Please be flexible and have fun!
- Drop off and Morning Procedures will run the same.
- All students should report to the gym at 8am for the assembly. They will sit in Horizontal Rows by Grade Level (Kindergarten in the front, 5th Grade in the back)
- Lunches will be at 11 and 11:40. K-2 will eat together and 3-5 will eat together. Your students will be in your classrooms during the other grade level lunch period. Please have something prepared for them to do (it could be a movie, silent reading time, or other quiet activity). Your lunches will be provided. You will have the choice of pulled pork or brats. Volunteers are also invited to eat!
- All students will meet back in the gym at 2pm for an end of the day wrap-up. They will be dismissed back to homerooms to pack up.
- Please wear purple Explore More shirts. Take Lots of Pictures.
- Tweet to #DGSExploreMore16
- We will have some floating volunteers. If your session requires assistance, please let us know.
- Hang the signs that were placed in your mailboxes. We will have lots of volunteers and visitors and we want them to be able to find the locations of each session. One should go directly above your door and one should go on the door so they are both visible.
I will also print off STAR Parent reports for you to send home with Report Cards.
Don't forget to also complete PERM cards. Ask Lisa for more information if you have questions!
2016-2017 Staff Shirts
As we wrap up this year, it is hard to believe we are already planning for 2016-2017. I’d like to collect sizes for staff shirts before you leave for the summer. Please go to https://www.customink.com/g/xsd0-00aj-n1sm and check your size and color preference. You don’t need to make any payment. These shirts will be covered from Activity Money.
I will close this on May 24th, so please go in and indicate your preferences!
Let me know if you have questions!
Ditch that Textbook
The author of the book even sent us a video message to get you fired up and excited about this incredible book!