BWMS Parent Update
Ready to Spring Forward?
Who's ready for the Spring Forward? It is always fun the first day back after the time change. Although the temperatures next week seem to be a little lower, we can be hopeful for a bright sunlight each morning.
Speaking spring forward and especially highlighting that word spring - we have just two weeks of learning before Spring Break. I look forward to using this critical time to continue to invest in our kids with engaging lessons and positive relationships.
Enjoy the weekend and don't forget to Spring Forward,
~Mr. Josh Frame
- End of the 3rd Quarter is was Friday 3/5/21 and will be posted online in PowerSchool on Monday 3/15/21.
- BWMS has partnered with Relationships Under Construction to provide Constructing Safe Relationships programming for 7th grade students within our Science classrooms on March 17-19. The information sheet and opt out form will be sent home the week of the 8th with your student and is also available here. An All Call notification will be sent out to all 7th grade families on Monday.
- BWMS will give the Panorama Student Survey on Monday 3/22/21 during advisory classes. Panorama is a web based assessment platform for measuring Social Emotional Skills. It brings together social-emotional learning, a multi-tiered system of support, school climate, and student voice—all in one platform. The results of this survey will not be tied directly to students, the only identifier will be the student's grade level and current learning option (VLP or In-Person).
- BWMS Spirit Week begins on Monday 3/22/21. Bring the Eagle Pride.
- Spring Break is 3/29-4/5. Students return on Tuesday 4/6/21.
April is the Month of the Military Child.
Our community is dedicated to supporting local heroes and this includes our local businesses, schools and residents.
The Purple Star Award for military-friendly schools recognizes schools that show a major commitment to students and families connected to our nation’s military. In an effort to better support students of military members in our community, Big Walnut Local Schools works to identify and inform teachers of the military-connected students in their classrooms and the special considerations and resources they should receive.
This year Big Walnut Apparel has teamed up with Big Walnut Local Schools to show support of our military families. This fundraiser helps support that initiative. You can purchase a shirt or yard sign to show your support. There are also sponsorship options for the t-shirt and flat donation options available.
Thank you for your support! Wear your shirt on April 15th!!!
12 SOAR cart
15 Grade Cards Posted 8am
17-19 RUC in 7th Grade Science
26 SC Spirit day
3/29 - 4/5 Spring Break
5 No School Conf Comp day
14 OST ELA Part 1
15 OST ELA Part 2
15 BWMS PTO Meeting, 7:00 PM
16 Grade Update Day
16 SOAR cart
20 OST Math Part 1
21 OST Math Part 2
22 OST Science 8 Part 1&2
23 SC spirit day
26W STAR Testing (7 & 8 in Reading & Math)
27 Parent Orientation for incoming 7th grade
School Counseling Update
- Know! To Positively Connect with Your Teen
- Know! To Define Racial Terms for Teens
BWMS SOARing Staff Award
Update from Delaware General Health Department
In an effort to help speed up the notification process to the DGHD, they are asking families to use the self-reporting link below. This information is shared directly with the health department and eliminates the snail mail that is currently being used.
We would ask that families that if they have a positive case in their home to use this link as well as notifying the district nurse at email@example.com.
Big Walnut Schools are committed to seeking out our military connected families and assisting those families as needed. Should an immediate family member currently be serving in the military, please let us know. Please complete the Military Connected Student Information Form.
We have several events each year to bring our military connected families together. Please check our district website and weekly newsletters for additional information on those events.
Stay Connected with BWMS w/ Schoology
- BWMS will send out Announcements Periodically throughout the week to keep others informed using the new school communication and learning management system - Schoology - https://schoology.bwls.net/home.
- BWMS Families code: 8VWG-XH43-BRB6Z
- BWMS Athletics: 2KDR-2KDW-322JB
- BW-VLP Schoology Family Group: 86C8-CC76-PTNC4
Reminder that all athletes should have their final forms complete and hard copy of the physical submitted prior to participation.
All information for BWMS athletics can be found at bigwalnutathletics.net