The Falcon Feature
Notes and Updates from Ms. Naylor
Coffee with Corby was successful! We had a casual, informational event to share educational philosophy and connect with parents on a personal level while discussing changes at FFE. If there is further interest, we will continue these.
Our PTA has been hard at work already in August, supporting kids and teachers. They sponsored a Handle's ice cream night, our Meet the Teacher Night, teacher trainings, and our very well-attended "Light The Night" Back-to-School Dance. Students and families had a glowing celebration- see the pictures below.
Our focus on student achievement kicked off our Professional Learning Communities, where we meet weekly to look at student growth and identify areas for instructional change. We are excited to have Ms. Weise and our intervention team joining us to help close the gap in reading.
Our first SOAR assembly was a blast! We celebrated our students and their accomplishments in Math, Reading, Writing, and Behavior. We know that what we focus on, we get more of, so we are focusing on Safety, Ownership, Achievement, and Respect!! See the pictures below.
Please continue to communicate your questions, compliments and concerns as the year progresses. We appreciate including you as part of our Falcon Family...
With Falcon Pride,
Please share with us!! Let Principal Naylor know what is going well and what questions or concerns you have so we can address them.
- NO PARKING OR ACCESS to the bus lot/lane. The parking lot on the east end of the school is for busses only and not for parent drop off or pick up.
- Tartesso Bus begins routes again September 12.
- Lunch and breakfast are provided at a minimal cost to WUSD students. Please fill out the free and reduced lunch application form through Titan. You can also add money to students accounts here as well.
- If parking and walking to pick students up, come to the west gate. Car pick up occurs at the south gate (front lot).
- Please pull up when dropping off or picking up students and do not exit the vehicle. If your student's needs require you to exit the vehicle (car seat, etc), please pull ALL the way up to the front of the parking lot before exiting and helping students.
5- Labor Day- NO SCHOOL
6- Picture Day
7- PTA General Meeting @ 4
8- Progress Reports Go Home
12- Tartesso Bus begins running again
14- PTA Bingo Night
20- Board Meeting @5pm - WUSDO
21- IT Day
23- Professional Development for FFE teachers
29- SOAR Assembly
2- Custodian Day-We LOVE Mr. Phil!!
3-6 Fun Run
5- PTA Meeting at 4pm
7-16 FALL BREAK
17-31 Parent/Teacher Conferences- Please sign up with your child's teacher- virtual or in- person.
18 Board Meeting @6pm at FFES
19 PTA Movie Night
27 SOAR Assembly @ 8:20
A word from our cafe...
1) All meals are paid
2) In order to receive a free or reduced meal, an application must be submitted and approved
3) Per policy EFDA, students are only allowed to charge 3 meals, after that they will be served an alternative meal (cheese sandwich)
4) No lunch charges will be allowed during the last 10 days of school
5) If a student wants a second meal, they must pay regardless of free/reduced status
Looking for Site Council Members
The Site Council of Festival Foothills Elementary meets quarterly. The mission of the Site Council is to ensure the individuals affected by the outcome of school site decisions share in the decision making process through a diversified council. The Site Council is made up of 3 certified staff members, 1 classified staff member, 3 parent representatives, 1 community member, the school principal, and 1 student representative from student council. If you are interested, please apply below. Submit your form to the front office by September 6th.
2022 WTAC Volleyball League Schedule
All games are at 4pm unless otherwise noted.
23-Aug Festival Foothills @ Palo Verde
25-Aug Vulture Peak @ Festival Foothills
30-Aug Grace @ Festival Foothills
1-Sep Arlington @ Festival Foothills
6-Sep Festival Foothills @ Ruth Fisher
8-Sep Palo Verde @ Festival Foothills
13-Sep Festival Foothills @ Vulture Peak
15-Sep Festival Foothills @ Grace
20-Sep Festival Foothills @ Arlington
22-Sep Ruth Fisher @ Festival Foothills
29-Sep All-Star Game
38201 W Indian School Rd
Tonophan AZ 85354
623 474 5501
920 S Vulture Mine Rd
928 684 6700
Grace Fellowship Academy
1300 N Miller Rd
623 393 8883\
9410 S 355th ave
Arlington AZ 85322
623 386 2031
FFES has parent representatives that meet with WUSD Superintendent Dr. Barbara Remondini monthly. Please list any questions or concerns you have for our parent representatives to take to her.
Meet Ms. Naylor
Ms. Naylor loves mountain biking, running, traveling, wakesurfing, skiing, and all things adventurous. She has 3 children- Ray, Gavin, and Elizabeth. Her husband is an F-16 pilot at Luke Air Force Base and a pilot for Delta Air Lines. As a military spouse and child, she has lived in 3 countries and 7 states and has traveled to more than 30 countries. Ms. Naylor is a huge believer in the impact of educators and is passionate about making a difference in the lives of children.