Beginner Band News!
News for the Beginner Band Parent and kiddo!
NEW!!! School Calendar for 2021-2022!
Time for Guard Tryouts!
NEW!!! Tentative Guard Tryouts Set!
RIGHT NOW Guard tryouts are scheduled for March 22-26 from 3:30 - 5:30. Anyone grades 6-11 can tryout for guard!
WHAT IS GUARD? Guard is the group that spins beautiful flags, rifles, sabres and anything else we can think of. Guard consists of flags and dance team. Mrs. Priest is our Guard Coordinator. Be on the look out for information! Until then, follow this link to get a better idea of what the Guard does! https://youtu.be/Ur8CVNuAH8w
If you watch that and your first thought is "I have no idea how to do that!", relax! We teach you how to do that! No experience necessary!!! Come see me for more details!
NEW!! Almost time to sign up for classes!!!
- 8th graders will be in JR High Band.
- The 8th grade band is under the direction of Mrs. Janzen (Sam).
- 8th grade percussion can audition to move up to the HS band.
- Any current 7th grader that makes guard (see above for tryout info) will be in 6th period HS band.
- JR High Band does not practice after-school so there will be no conflicts with other activities. It is a class during the school day so no worries! Travel/competition kids will still be able to do their thing after school.
- JR High Band will play at middle school events such as pep rallies and football games. There are usually 3 games. We will also travel to one game! Kids will wear their band shirts for this event. If a student is involved with another activity, they can be excused from the game. We just need know prior to the game so I know where they are.
- Fees for Jr. High Band - Winds - $50 band fee plus $15 for band shirt for games. Percussion - $50 for band fee, $15 for the band shirt, $100 for percussion fee. Anyone that plays a school instrument will also need to pay the $100 rental fee for the year.
- I will add more to this list as it comes to me!
- If a kid wants to do band, we will do everything we can to make it happen. Money doesn't keep a kid from being in band. After-school activities do not keep a kid from being in band. Band is like PE for your brain. We want all of our kids to work out that muscle!
CHARMS and Student Accounts!!!
The school code is eastlimestoneband
It's all one word. The password should be your student's last name and first initial with no spaces. Yell if you need help!
When reading the statement, if you have a negative sign by the dollar amount it means that is how much you owe. Keep an eye out and feel free to ask questions. I do not have an accounting degree!!! I try my best but sometimes make mistakes.
Just follow the link and keep scrolling until you find your instrument. It's always a great time to clean instruments!
Upcoming Mattress Fundraiser!
This is my favorite part!! You can make money for your student account by referring people to the sale. You can send them this picture or this newsletter or even just the link. They bring this in and get $50 off of purchase over $500. When they buy a mattress, your account gets money! The info is below the flyer. We have one young man that currently has over $800 in his account!
Here is the link to the flyer that you can share:
Mark it on your calendar! Feb. 7 from 11a-5p!
Here are some easy ways to help raise money!
Amazon Smile Program
Purchase with purpose! Use our link to shop at Amazon.com, and Amazon.com will donate to East Limestone Community Band Boosters Association Inc.
Sign up for Publix Partners through your Publix.com account (if you don’t already have one) and select East Limestone Community Band Boosters. Then, enter your phone number at checkout each time you make a purchase.
For every new client who files their taxes with H&R Block or Block Advisors, our organization will receive $20. Ask your preparer to look up the nonprofit referral id for “East Limestone Community Band Boosters Association Inc.”
Kroger Community Rewards program
This program makes fundraising easy by donating to local organizations based on the shopping you do every day. Once you link your Card to an organization, all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Shopper’s Card. Click here to sign up: https://www.kroger.com/signin?redirectUrl=/account/communityrewards
We also have booster meetings on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm! They are in person as well as over zoom!
Need to contact us?
Jennifer "Mrs. Sam" Janzen - Jennifer.email@example.com
Mark McChristian - Mark.McChristian@lcsk12.org
Michelle priest - Michelle.Priest@lcsk12.org
President: Carla Franklin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-President: Jean Ann Davis - email@example.com
Secretary: Jennie Barksdale - Dreampbj@gmail.com
Treasurer: Melanie Shackleford - firstname.lastname@example.org
PR/Marketing: Blake Williams - email@example.com
Concession Stand Manager: Karen Shiver - firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraiser Officer: Amanda Eaker - email@example.com
Again, we have sent this home a few times but just in case,...
$20 Beginner Band fee - includes the book and classroom supplies
$100 School Instrument Rental fee - This is only if you use a school instrument. This pays for normal wear and tear on the instrument as well as saving for additional instruments.
$50 Stick Bag Fee - This is only for percussionists. They get a stick bag, two sets of mallets and a pair of sticks. This is theirs forever!
$100 percussion fee - This is for all percussionists. Instead of parents purchasing instruments, they pay a $100 fee each year. This pays for up keep as well as a portion going to new instruments. This way, percussionists get to play all of the percussion instruments.
We were trying to do a beginner band shirt but that fell through. If you have paid that money, it will be in your student account!
East Band on Social Media
You can also check the band out on Instagram at East_Limestone_Band
Here is the link to the marching/concert band newsletter to see what that group is up to!
Hope this helps get the info out there.
If you have any suggestions for the newsletter, don't hesitate to contact us!