February 2022 Message
From The Lounsberry Hollow School
Message from Mr. Mudrick
Lounsberry Hollow School
Beginning February 1, 2022, Lounsberry Hollow School will be participating in the District Wide Reading Initiative. In celebration of Dr. McKay’s influence on literacy in the Vernon Township School District the “Read the McKay Way” will run from February 1 through March 11.
· All participants will track pages instead of book
· Any pages read to students by someone else will count toward the total
· All participants should track their pages weekly at VTSD.com/reading
· Chromebooks can scan the QR code as well as phones
· QR codes and the website link will also be posted around town so that families and community members can participate and “donate” their pages to a class or grade level
· QR code will also be posted in our Library/Media Center
· This is meant to be a FUN event celebrating Dr. McKay’s contributions to the Vernon Township School District
I would like to encourage everyone to participate. Remember the best role model for a child to read is an adult, so please remember to log your hours as well!
Dennis J. Mudrick
February 19-22 is the Second Wellness Weekend for the VTSD Community!
This document includes schedules for a Regular Day, an Early Dismissal Day and a Delayed Opening Day at Lounsberry Hollow School.
Clubs and Activities are a great way for students to get involved! Please review the after-school clubs and activities available at Lounsberry Hollow School. If you have any specific questions, please email the club advisor.