The Eagle's Nest
Week of September 13, 2021
Happy Sunday Eagles!
Thank you to our parents who joined us for the fall festival planning meeting this past Wednesday! Plans are underway to make this a fun event for our students and their families. Next week we will send out information on sponsoring a game, be on the lookout for this. These sponsorships will help offset costs of game rentals such as the dunking booth, blow-ups, and other fun items we want to have this year. Our next fall festival planning meeting will be on Wednesday, September 29 @ 5:00pm. Please join us in the media center.
We've had three parents ask to join our Strategic Planning Team. Thanks so much for agreeing to meet with us monthly and help set goals for our school. Our first meeting is on Wednesday, September 15, in the media center.
Picture Day is Thursday, September 16. Please dress your best, we will be wearing uniforms for our first round of pictures this year. Students may dress in clothing of their choice for our spring pictures.
Back to School Night is on Wednesday, Sept. 22 from 3:30-5pm. Please join us to learn what students are working on in their classes, homework expectations, grading, and to sign up for the first parent conference of the year.
Student jobs have begun and we are so impressed with our students' eagerness to lead in these areas. They're doing a great job and help keep our school running. If your child was not selected this nine weeks, we will have new sign ups beginning the week of October 25 for the second grading period.
Afterschool Arts Academy letters were sent home on Friday, please check your child's bookbag for their letter. We've started a waitlist for those who did not receive an acceptance letter.
We have five important reminders for you this week:
1. Thursday, Sept. 16 is Picture Day.
2. Friday is our first PBIS celebration of the year. Students need to have 75 Dojo points to attend, no think sheets, and no ISS. We will be having a glow dance party in the multipurpose room.
3. Friday is our first lockdown drill. We practice this drill a few times a year to make sure we are prepared in the event of a crisis on campus. Please let your student know this is just a drill and we do it to stay safe.
4. Our first bell rings at 7:30am and the tardy bell rings 8:00am. Please make sure you arrive on time, every day.
5. Looking ahead, our first early release day is Thursday, September 23. Students will be dismissed at 11:30am.
21-22 COVID Protocols
During their meeting on Tuesday, August 10, 2021, the Onslow County Board of Education unanimously approved 2021-2022 COVID-19 Protocols and Practices.
The link below outlines those practices which will be followed by OCS during the 2021-2022 school year.
Bus Transportation Information
Please follow this link for Information on bus numbers, stops, and times. Updated bus routes for the 2021-22 school year will be posted by August 19.
21-22 School Fees
*You may pay in person at Open House, as well.
Fees not paid continue to accrue year to year. If you are unable to pay your child's fees, please see your teacher for a fee waiver. Please note this fee waiver does not waive field trip fees.