Napa Valley EA News
Representing NVUSD Teachers, Counselors, and Nurses
December 6, 2019
Please be sure to check out our NVEA.ORG website for new information and oportunities!
We are still collecting unwrapped gifts for our NEWS Toy Drive. We will come by schools on the 17th to collect the items. Thank you for helping with this cause!
NVEA/NVUSD Committee Work
Have you had the time to check out our NVEA/NVUSD Council Committee Matrix? This document has current information about Council Committees and where they are in the IBPS process.
A few Current Highlights:
- Secondary Staffing - There is no change in the 168 student contact limit. There is no change in the class size limit of 36. District wide staffing allocations are contractually for middle school 26.75 to 1, and for high school 26.5 to 1. District wide secondary staffing is currently 21.65 to 1.
- CPGP - In January there will be informational meetings for teachers and administrators currently in the process.
- SPED - Please see notes that are attached in matrix. We have also sent out a request for SPED teachers to document hours outside of their contract day.
- Stipends - We are working on contractual language that will balance district wide equity with site autonomy. Different programs are requiring various leadership responsibilities. Our interest is to insure teacher voice in the defining of these roles. Because money is attached, there is also an interest in clear and equitable expectations.
- Adjunct Duty - We are working on contractual language that will balance district wide equity with site autonomy.
- Two calendar options were presented that added "smoke" days.
CTA News Link
Here is a link to the current CTA Bulletin. There is information about Scholarships for teachers and their dependents, Member Benefits with discounts and offers, Schools and Community First information, and News and Resources on many aspects of our profession.