The Paw Print
Weekly Principal Newsletter ~ Week of December 6th
A message from Mrs. Lucas
December is here and this time of year is surely filled with lots of activities and family fun. As I reflect on the past year and all we have done together as a school community, I am overwhelmingly grateful for each one of our students, families and staff members. Together, we are navigating this pandemic and keeping the students at the center of all we do. I thank you for your continued partnership and support! As with the rest of the world, our school community is at all points on the spectrum of comfort, loss, grief and impact of this pandemic and that you continue to be positive, supportive and calm for our students and each other, I want you to know that it has made all the difference here at school. I see it daily as our students happily and respectfully walk onto campus and engage with their peers, the adults, and their teachers to make the best of each day. Students are happy, smiling and giving their best as we continue to provide both a rigorous and also a "meeting the kids where they are" curriculum and school experience.
I am confident that we will continue to work together, supporting one another and succeeding as we head into the holiday season and the second half of our school year. Thank you for making Brookhaven a wonderful place for students to learn and grow!
November Events and Calendar
- December 6th ~ PTA Mtg 7 pm, MPR
- December 8th ~ B & C Burgers Restaurant Night
- December 6th-10th ~ Holiday Grams on sale, by Kinder gate
- December 6th-16th ~ Student Council TOY DRIVE
- December 9th ~ 6:00 PM - 6th Grade OUTDOOR ED ZOOM Parent Mtg
- December 16th ~ Student Council Dress Up Day - wear your PJ's to school
- December 20th-31st ~ WINTER BREAK
- January 3rd - Return to School
Love and Logic Parenting Classes
Attendance and Health Reminders
- School starts at 7:50 each day and students are expected to be on their assigned playground by 7:45 am. We close the gates promptly at 7:50 am each day. Students arriving after that time will need to go through the office to check in prior to going to their classroom and will be marked tardy. Please plan accordingly each morning to ensure that students arrive on time, no later than 7:45 am, ready to learn. As a reminder, the gates open at 7:35 each morning.
- Students should have all of the materials necessary for each day including homework, lunches, water bottles and, if applicable, their musical instrument. Students are learning about responsibility and accountability when it comes to these items, so we encourage parents to NOT drop off forgotten items. All students are able to receive a school lunch for free; they just need to order one with the daily lunch count. If homework or instruments are forgotten, it is a valuable lesson learned for students that, typically, doesn't happen again.
- If your child is sick or has symptoms of Covid, they should not attend school
- You must call the school attendance line to report all absences
- Please leave specific details of your child's symptoms and we'll notify you of their return date
- Please review the Student Symptom Tree to help guide you with questions regarding Covid symptoms and next steps
Thank you for wearing your mask each time you enter the school office or any school building. We appreciate everyone's diligence in completing the daily "Shared Responsibility" in checking for symptoms and keeping students home when they are ill. Together we'll make it through the year in keeping everyone healthy and well. Being back together in person is so wonderful!
Brookhaven PTA News
We continue to thank our PTA Board and ALL our parent volunteers that make our school such a great place for our kids to learn and grow!
- Holiday Grams are on sale Dec. 6th-10th before and after school by the Kindergarten gate - below is a copy you can print at home and bring to school.
- Please click here to join our fabulous PTA! Brookhaven PTA membership is open to everyone ~ students, parents, grandparents, alumni and supporters. Your membership helps fund school assemblies, book fairs, field trip transportation, classroom supplies, library books and more!
We are very fortunate to have a dedicated, hardworking and generous PTA at Brookhaven! We have a new PTA President this year, Mrs. Traci Larson! If you are interested in being a part of our PTA and committees throughout the year, please get in touch with Traci here: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Going Mitigating Measures
- Shared Responsibility Symptom Screening should be done daily prior to the arrival of school. If your child has COVID symptoms, they must stay home.
- Everyone will wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are optional outdoors.
- Handwashing stations are located around campus and hand sanitizer is located at the entrance of every classroom.
- Good hygiene habits will be taught and encouraged.
Helpful and Important Links
Online Data Confirmation ~ This MUST be updated for all students.